Written byVain Rowe
Step-By-Step on How to Recover Data from PNY SD Card
Summary: Data loss or accidental data deletion from the PNY SD card is really a headache. Take it easy, this article expounds on how to recover lost and deleted data from a PNY SD card. The easiest way is to apply iBoysoft Data Recovery software to rescue you from data loss.
You may experience photo, video, audio, and text loss from the PNY SD card due to accidental deletion or other unknown reasons, such as a tiny file system error, interruption while transferring files, abrupt ejection, and soon.
This article provides a brief overview of PNY SD cards as well as data loss prevention tips. Finally, you can learn how to recover data from a PNY SD card. Try them right now to recover your data!
Table of Contents:
- 1. The basics background of PNY SD card
- 2. What to do when you lost data from a PNY SD card?
- 3. How to recover deleted files from a PNY SD card? (Free)
- 4. How to recover deleted or lost data from a PNY SD card? (Professional)
- 5. What to do if your PNY SD card is physically damaged?
- 6. FAQ about PNY SD card recovery
The basics background of PNY SD card
PNY SD cards are manufactured by PNY Technologies, Inc, a startup company that began trading in Paris and New York. PNY corporate is now expanding its operations all over the world. You can't be strange about the PNY SD card because of its outstanding performance and durability.
PNY Enterprise creates a wide range of memory and storage devices, which you can view here:
Aside from its exceptional durability and dependability, its performance and read/write speed are also noteworthy. When you use the PNY card, you usually get a 10-year warranty.
You may use the PNY memory device to perform any storage task on a digital camera operating system, Mac OS, Windows OS, or mobile phone operating system.
However, if you unintentionally deleted or lost data such as photos, videos, audio, text, or any other file from PNY SD cards, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Impressed by the PNY SD card? Then share this wonderful storage device with your families and friends!
What to do when you lost data from a PNY SD card?
Unexpected data loss or deletion is extremely inconvenient. But don't let your frustration get the best of you. In this situation, you should try to avoid any abrupt actions during the recovery process.
To begin, gently unplug the PNY SD memory card from the SD card adapter of your Mac or Windows PC as you discover the data loss hit.
Second, keep in mind that you should not write or copy any files to your PNY SD memory card. The writing and copying actions will overwrite the data on it, making data recovery impossible.
Time is of the essence when it comes to hardware failures or file system corruption. When data loss occurs, you should begin data recovery work as soon as possible in order to recover the lost audio files, text files, video files, media files, and any other existing files on the PNY SDHC card.
How to recover deleted files from a PNY SD card? (Free)
We offer three native methods and one professional software to recover your deleted or lost data because the causes of data loss vary. Don't worry about the differences in operating systems; this article includes instructions for both macOS and Windows.
Let's start by recovering deleted or lost data on your computer using built-in tools.
Recover data from a PNY SD card by running command lines
This method is appropriate for data deletions to the Mac Trash or Recycle Bin that occur within 30 days and have not yet been emptied.
Perform PNY SD card recovery via CMD on macOS
- Connect the storage medium to your Mac.
- Launch the Terminal app via Spotlight Search or Home Folder on Mac.
- Type the following command line in the Terminal window and hit Enter:cd .Trash
- Type the following command line and hit Enter. This command line will enable you to view the content of the Trash folder.ls -al ~/.Trash
- Enter the following command line to perform PNY SD card recovery work. mv Merry\ Christmas.png ~/desktop/The Merry\ Christmas is the file name and put a \ between two words if the file name has a space.
The .png is the file extension.
The ~/desktop/ is the folder to which you would like to restore files.
- After you have all the recoverable files back, type Quit and hit Enter to close the Terminal app.
Perform PNY SD card recovery via CMD on Windows OS
- Connect the storage media to your PC first.
- Press the Win + R keys to launch Windows Explorer, and type in CMD in the search box to open a command prompt.
- Type the command line and hit Enter to run it. Remember to replace E: with the drive letter of your PNY SD card.chkdsk E: /f
- Then enter the following command line. Replace the 'drive letter' here with the drive letter of your PNY device.ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D “drive letter”:*.*
When the process ends, your PC will show recovered data in a new folder with CHK format, and you can change it to its original file suffix.
Recover data on a PNY SD card in Temporary Files
If you have enabled the temporary files feature, you can recover your recently deleted files back. This folder stores and indexes all temporary files on your Windows, including your deleted download data.
Recover files on a PNY SD card in Temporary Files on macOS
- Launch Terminal via Launchpad on your Mac.
- Type or copy the following command lines on the Terminal window, and hit Enter/Return key to run this command line.open $TMPDIR
- You'll be prompted by a new window, and you can search for your deleted files in this temp folder.
- Once you've located the deleted files in the temp folder, copy them and paste them where you want to save them.
Recover files on a PNY SD card in Temporary files on Windows OS
To search for deleted data in temporary files, here's what you can do.
- Click on the Start menu from the bottom-left corner.
- Type in the file name that you want to retrieve in the search box and hit Enter. A temp folder will appear with a list of files that match your search.
- Right-click on your desired files or drag and drop them to your preferred location.
Alternatively, you can go to the folder by This PC > Local Disk C > Windows > Temp.
Recover data on a PNY SD card from an older backup
If you have a previous backup or enable the automatic backup procedure on your computer, you can restore the deleted data from a PNY SD card without a hitch.
For Mac users, Time Machine will backup your SD card automatically as you insert it into Mac if you didn't exclude it from backups previously. So you can launch Time Machine to find the deleted or lost files.
- Launch Time Machine by Spotlight Search shortcuts on your Mac.
- Click the up or down arrow icons to locate your files.
- Click Restore if you find your wanted data.
While for Windows users, if you have a good habit of backup files regularly with the native Windows facility - File History, then you can recover deleted files with File History by doing these steps:
- Start the Control Panel, and click System and Security.
- Click File History.
- Then go to Restore personal files.
- Find your deleted Excel files, then click the Recycle icon at the bottom of this window to restore your lost Excel files.
If you have recovered your files with the approaches mentioned above, why not share them with your friends?
How to recover deleted or lost data from a PNY SD card? (Professional)
If you fail to grab your previous data from your PNY SD card with the regular approaches mentioned above, iBoysoft Data Recovery Software is highly recommended.
iBoysoft Data Recovery Software is able to recover deleted photos, recover unsaved or lost PPT files, recover deleted Excel files, and recover unsaved Word documents from your formatted, failed, inaccessible, unmounted, unreadable, or corrupted SD cards. It is designed with advanced disk scanning and recovery algorithms that can scan and recover your lost files successfully.
Here are how to recover files via iBoysoft Data Recovery software on macOS:
- Connect the storage device to your device. If there is no SD card reader slot on your Mac, run an external SD card reader or SD card adapter for your Mac to connect the PNY memory card to your device.
- Download and install the iBoysoft Data Recovery software on your Mac.
- Launch the PNY recovery tool on your Mac.
- Select the PNY SD card in the iBoysoft Data Recovery software home window.
- Click the Search for Lost Data button to proceed with the scanning process.
- After the scanning process ends, you are allowed to sort found files by different parameters if necessary.
- Then, click the Preview button to preview the wanted files.
- After you preview all your deleted files, you can hit the Recover button.
Note that you'd better save the recovered files or data to another storage medium. If you save the recovered files or data in the original PNY memory card, you're likely to suffer data loss again.
Moreover, iBoysoft Data Recovery Software is a fantastic SD card fixer to fix RAW drive. If the RAW partition or volume of your SD card is fixed well, then you can fully access your data.
The iBoysoft Data Recovery software for PNY data recovery is quite simple and easy to use. It can perform USB flash drives, flash memory cards, and SD card data recovery work without effort.
What to do if your PNY SD card is physically damaged?
If you discover physical damage on your PNY SD card, the methods described above are useless. You should take the broken PNY SD card to a local data recovery center as soon as possible for professional assistance. It is important to note that the recovery results are determined by the degree of damage to your memory storage device.
Local data recovery services are expensive and time-consuming, so you should take care of your PNY SD card and use it correctly in daily life to avoid physical damage.
If your PNY memory cards suffer data loss by deletion or other misoperations, do not worry; you can recover them with tools like iBoysoft Data Recovery and Disk Drill, CMD, and professional data recovery experts.
iBoysoft Data Recovery tool is recommended for it allows you to perform the PNY SD card recovery work effortlessly. If you're interested in it, try it immediately!
FAQ about PNY SD card recovery
You can run iBoysoft Data Recovery software on your device to recover data from a PNY flash drive: Download and install iBoysoft Data Recovery tool on your device > Connect your PNY flash drive to your computer > Launch the recovery toolset and select your flash drive in iBoysoft Data Recovery main window > Begin to scan for lost data > Preview the lost data > Save the recovered files to new PNY flash memory cards.
Connect the drive to the Mac > Launch Disk Utility on your Mac > Select the drive you want to format > Click the Erase button in Disk Utility> Fulfill the SD card name and then select a file system > Click the Erase button > Wait the erasing process ends. You have a formatted SD card with new file system then.