To fix the error "File system verify or repair failed.:(69845)", you need to ensure the type of this error and whether the error is on your external hard drives or internal hard drives.
When this error occurs on your MacBook, you may see the below exit codes showing up:
- File system check exit code is 8.
- File system check exit code is 65.
- File system check exit code is 1.
File system verify or repair failed.:(69845) can happen on the internal or external hard drive, USB flash drive, or SD card on a Mac running any version of macOS. It may be caused by the file system corruption on the drive.
You can try the following methods to fix this error in external hard drives and rerun First Aid in Disk Utility until error 69845 is fixed.
- Restart your Mac
- Reformat the drive in Disk Utility
- Replace it or send it to repair