iBoysoft NTFS for Mac FAQ
Q: What if I purchase the wrong product? Can I exchange it for the right one?
A: Yes, of course. In this case, please at first uninstall the wrong product. Then email us with your order details and the right product you want. We will exchange the right one for you.
Q: Will the license code still be available if I reinstalled macOS on my Mac? How can I re-activate iBoysoft NTFS for Mac?
A: Yes, you can re-activate the software with the same license code. Please download and install iBoysoft NTFS for Mac on your computer, then enter the license code to activate it again.
Q: What if I lost my license code?
A: Don't worry. If you lost the license code, please feel free to contact us via [email protected] to request your original license code. Please include your order information such as order ID, purchase email address and user name, etc. to help us serve you more efficiently.
Q: Why can't I activate iBoysoft NTFS for Mac?
A: It requires internet connection while registering this software. Please make sure you have access to either ethernet or Wi-Fi networks. If you are running firewall or anti-virus programs on your computer, please temporarily turn them off so as to complete registration. Still have questions? Please feel free to contact us via [email protected].
Q: Do you offer any discount for non-profit organizations?
A: Yes. We offer 20% discount for academic users (students, teachers, faculty and staff of educational institutions), government, charity and other non-profit organizations. Please refer to the details here.
Q: While installing iBoysoft NTFS for Mac, I got the error message "System Extension Blocked". How to fix?
A: Please follow the steps here:
- Step 1: Click Open Security & Privacy
- Step 2: Click on the lock icon at the bottom. You will be asked to enter the password if there is.
- Step 3: You may see this: System software from developer "benjamin fleischer" was blocked from loading, click Allow beside it.
- Step 4: Then, finish the installation process.
Q: I installed iBoysoft NTFS for Mac on my Mac running macOS Catalina. I connected my external disks to my Mac, however, none of them was detected by this software. How to fix?
A: Please follow the steps here:
- Step 1: Go to Apple > System Preferences... > Security & Privacy
- Step 2: Under Privacy tab, select Full Disk Access from the left column.
- Step 3: Click on the lock icon at the bottom. You will be asked to enter the password if there is.
- Step 4: Click + and add iBoysoft NTFS for Mac to this list.
- Step 5: Launch iBoysoft NTFS for Mac again.
Q: I installed iBoysoft NTFS for Mac, but still, I can't save files on to my NTFS disk. In some instances, I got error messages while writing to the disk.
A: The file system of the NTFS disk is probably corrupted. You can verify and repair the disk with iBoysoft NTFS for Mac.
- Step 1: Click iBoysoft NTFS for Mac icon from the menu bar.
- Step 2: Click Disk Management from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Select the NTFS disk you want to repair and click Check disk from the right panel.
- Step 4: Follow the wizard to check disk errors.
- Step 6: When it finishes disk checking, please open the NTFS disk and try again. You are probably able to save and write files to it now.
Note: In the event that you still cannot write to the NTFS disk after checking, you're suggested to insert it to a Windows computer and then repair with CHKDSK command.
- Step 1: Go to the Start menu, type in cmd in the search bar, and press Enter.
- Step 2: Right click cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- Step 3: Run the following command:
chkdsk volume: /f
- Please replace "volume" with the drive letter of your NTFS disk. For example, if the drive letter is "G", then you need to type in chkdsk G: /f.
Q: What to do if I still can't open an NTFS disk after installing iBoysoft NTFS for Mac?
A: Please quit iBoysoft NTFS for Mac at first. Then, go to Disk Utility and check if this NTFS disk is detected (showing in the left sidebar) and can be mounted. If yes, please follow the steps as below:
- Step 1: Open Finder.
- Step 2: Click Go from the top menu bar and select Go to Folder....
- Step 3: Copy and paste the two locations to the search bar one-by-one:
- Step 4: Search these folders. If there are .crash files named as ntfs-mounter, please send them to [email protected] for further analyzing.
- Step 5: If there's no .crash file, it indicates that the file system of the disk might be corrupted. Please follow the steps here to check disk errors.
If you have any other questions regarding iBoysoft NTFS for Mac, please feel free to contact us via [email protected]. We will try our best to help you out quickly.
Q: The external drive doesn't appear on the Mac desktop and is not recognized by iBoysoft NTFS for Mac either.
A: Please plug the external drive into a different USB port (one that was not part of a USB hub) and check if your external hard drive can be recognized.