iBoysoft NTFS for Mac FAQ
Does NTFS work on Mac??
Yes, but by default, Mac can only read NTFS drive and cannot write files to NTFS drive. With the help of Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft, can write to NTFS drive with ease.
Can Mac write to NTFS formatted drive?
No, but with the help of Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft, can write to NTFS drive with ease.
What is an NTFS driver for Mac?
An NTFS driver for Mac is a small piece of software that enables you to read/write to NTFS drives on Mac, which feature is disabled in macOS natively. There are both paid and free NTFS driver for Mac available today, but the paid ones are more reliable for use, such as Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft.
Does Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft work with macOS Big Sur?
Yes, Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft works with the latest macOS Big Sur.
Can I try Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft for free before purchasing?
Yes, you can try it within 7-day. During the free trial period, you can enjoy full features of this program. After that expired, you need to activate this program with a purchased license.
Can Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft mount the BOOTCAMP partition in read-write mode?
Yes. Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft grants users with full read-write access to the Windows-NTFS Bootcamp partition. You can write, edit, delete, copy, move, and save files on it as well as transfer files between the Bootcamp partition and Mac.
Can Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft mount encrypted NTFS drives?
No. If it is BitLocker encrypted, there is a third party software called M3 Bitlocker Loader which can mount BitLocker encrypted NTFS drives on Mac.
Can Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft mount my NTFS drive when macOS Disk Utility cannot recognize it?
No. If macOS Disk Utility cannot recognize your NTFS drive, neither do Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft.
How to format an external hard drive for both Mac and PC?
To format an external drive for Mac and PC, you can convert NTFS drives to exFAT or FAT32. Each file system is natively supported by macOS and Windows so that you can make the drive interchangeable between different platforms. Before doing so, please be sure to backup or transfer files to another safe place so as to avoid data loss. In the event of unexpected data loss, you can recover lost data with this Mac data recovery software.
How do you deliver the license key if I purchased?
The license key will be sent to you by email instantly after your purchase.
What is your refund policy for this product?
We provide 30-day money back guarantee. During this period, if you find it not working due to software bugs or severe errors, please feel free to contact our sales team via [email protected].
How to uninstall Microsoft NTFS for Mac by iBoysoft?
You need to firstly quit this program from the menu bar and then drag it to Mac Trash. You can refer to the online help page.
Do you offer any discount for non-profit organizations?
Yes. We offer 20% discount for academic users (students, teachers, faculty and staff of educational institutions), government, charity and other non-profit organizations. Please refer to the details here.
Q: How many Macs can I install the licensed iBoysoft NTFS for Mac?
A: One license is for one Mac.
Q: Will the license key still be available if I reinstalled macOS on my Mac? How can I re-activate iBoysoft NTFS for Mac?
A: Yes, you can re-activate the software with the same license key. Please download and install iBoysoft NTFS for Mac on your computer, then enter the license key to activate it again.
Q: Can I uninstall the licensed iBoysoft NTFS for Mac from one Mac and install it on another Mac?
A: No, the licensed iBoysoft NTFS for Mac is bundled with your Mac.
Q: Can I transfer the licensed iBoysoft NTFS for Mac from the old Mac to a new Mac?
A: We can only transfer your license when your old Mac failed and you have sold the old Mac.
Q: What if I lost my license key?
A: Don't worry. If you lost the license key, please feel free to contact us via [email protected] to request your original license key. Please include your order information such as order ID, purchase email address and user name, etc. to help us serve you more efficiently.
Q: Why can't I activate iBoysoft NTFS for Mac?
A: It requires internet connection while registering this software. Please make sure you have access to either ethernet or Wi-Fi networks. If you are running firewall or anti-virus programs on your computer, please temporarily turn them off so as to complete registration. Still have questions? Please feel free to contact us via [email protected].
Q: How to enable system extensions on Apple Silicon M1 Mac?
A: Refer to the step-by-step tutorial here.
Q: While installing iBoysoft NTFS for Mac, I got the error message "System Extension Blocked". How to fix?
A: Please follow the steps here:
- Step 1: Click Open Security & Privacy
- Step 2: Click on the lock icon at the bottom. You will be asked to enter the password if there is.
- Step 3: You may see this: System software from developer "Chengdu Aibo Tech Co., Ltd." was blocked from loading, click Allow beside it.
- Step 4: Then, finish the installation process.
Q: System extension blocked, there is No allow button in security and privacy preferences.
A: It is caused by there is no space to install the driver of iBoysoft for Mac, please open /Library/Extensions/ folder, manually delete these drivers that are not in use, then reinstall iBoysoft NTFS for Mac and check if allow button appears.
Q: I installed iBoysoft NTFS for Mac on my Mac running macOS Big Sur. I connected my external disks to my Mac, however, none of them was detected by this software. How to fix?
A: Please follow the steps here:
- Step 1: Go to Apple > System Preferences... > Security & Privacy
- Step 2: Under Privacy tab, select Full Disk Access from the left column.
- Step 3: Click on the lock icon at the bottom. You will be asked to enter the password if there is.
- Step 4: Click + and add iBoysoft NTFS for Mac to this list.
- Step 5: Launch iBoysoft NTFS for Mac again.
Q: I installed iBoysoft NTFS for Mac, but still, I can't save files on to my NTFS disk. In some instances, I got error messages while writing to the disk.
A: The file system of the NTFS disk is probably corrupted. You can verify and repair the disk with iBoysoft NTFS for Mac.
- Step 1: Click iBoysoft NTFS for Mac icon from the menu bar.
- Step 2: Click Disk Management from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Select the NTFS disk you want to repair and click Check disk from the right panel.
- Step 4: Follow the wizard to check disk errors.
- Step 6: When it finishes disk checking, please open the NTFS disk and try again. You are probably able to save and write files to it now.
Note: In the event that you still cannot write to the NTFS disk after checking, you're suggested to insert it to a Windows computer and then repair with CHKDSK command.
- Step 1: Go to the Start menu, type in cmd in the search bar, and press Enter.
- Step 2: Right click cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator.
- Step 3: Run the following command:
chkdsk volume: /f
- Please replace "volume" with the drive letter of your NTFS disk. For example, if the drive letter is "G", then you need to type in chkdsk G: /f.
Q: What to do if I still can't open an NTFS disk after installing iBoysoft NTFS for Mac?
A: Please quit iBoysoft NTFS for Mac at first. Then, go to Disk Utility and check if this NTFS disk is detected (showing in the left sidebar) and can be mounted. If yes, please follow the steps as below:
- Step 1: Open Finder.
- Step 2: Click Go from the top menu bar and select Go to Folder....
- Step 3: Copy and paste the two locations to the search bar one-by-one:
- Step 4: Search these folders. If there are .crash files named as ntfs-mounter, please send them to [email protected] for further analyzing.
- Step 5: If there's no .crash file, it indicates that the file system of the disk might be corrupted. Please follow the steps here to check disk errors.
If you have any other questions regarding iBoysoft NTFS for Mac, please feel free to contact us via [email protected]. We will try our best to help you out quickly.
Q: The external drive doesn't appear on the Mac desktop and is not recognized by iBoysoft NTFS for Mac either.
A: Please plug the external drive into a different USB port (one that was not part of a USB hub) and check if your external hard drive can be recognized.