You could see an message saying "System Extension is blocked" when you install software on your Apple Silicon M1 Mac.
Here is how to enable System Extensions on your Mac computer.
How to Enable System Extension on Apple Silicon M1 Mac?
- 1. Make Sure your Mac is Apple Silicon M1.
- 2. After installing iBoysoft NTFS for Mac, click Open Security Preferences when you see a System Extension Blocked pop-up.
- 3. Click the Lock to make changes in Security & Privacy and enter the requested password.
- 4. Click Enable System Extensions and turn off the Mac as instructed. If the option is Allow in Security & Privacy, please jump to Step 9.
- 5. Turn on your Mac and holding the power button to get into macOS Recovery mode.
- 6. When you see the startup disk, click on Security Policy...
- If you don't see the startup disk but a gear icon in the startup options window, you need to select Options, click Continue (which may require your password), click Utilites, and select Startup Security Utility, then select the Security Policy....
- 7. In Startup Security Utility, choose Reduced Security and check the option: Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers..
- 8. Click OK and restart the Mac.
- 9. Open Security & Privacy tab, click the Lock to make changes.
- 10. Click Allow in the context window.
- 11. Restart your Mac to finish installation.