A crashed Mac is a rare occurrence, but Mac computers aren't immune from some of the same weaknesses as other computers. When a Mac computer won't boot, you will find it distressing as it may result in loss of entire data from your Mac computer. If you don't have any backup, is there any option to get lost data back? Calm down, this article will explain why your Mac computer crashes and how to recover data after the Mac computer crashed.
How to recover data after Mac computer crashed?
Here recommend you best free Mac data recovery software - iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery. It is able to recover data after a Mac computer crashed, recover data from unbootable Mac computers, recover data from unmountable/corrupted APFS boot volumes. There is no need to take out the internal hard disk to recover data, iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery allows you to run through internet or create a bootable recovery drive on another Mac.
Besides, iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery also supports to recover deleted or lost files even emptied from Mac Trash, recover data from formatted, unmountable, inaccessible, corrupted hard drives, external hard drives, USB flash drives, memory cards, SD cards, etc. on macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/10.12 Sierra and OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
Solution 1: If you have only one unbootable Mac computer
If you have only one Mac computer, you can run iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery through iBoysoft Server and recover data after Mac computer crashed.
- Reboot this Mac and press Command +Option +R keys.
- Click Utilities in the top menu and select Terminal from the drop-down menu.
- Type: curl -o /tmp/boot.sh http://boot.iboysoft.com/boot.sh && chmod 777 /tmp/boot.sh && /tmp/boot.sh and press Enter. This will launch iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery through iBoysoft Server.
- Recover data from the crashed Mac with iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery.
Solution 2: If you have two Mac computers
Step 1: Download iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery on another Mac computer.
Step 2: Install and launch iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery.
Step 3: Click iBoysoft Data Recovery on menu bar and then select "Create Boot Drive".
Step 4: Insert USB drive into your Mac computer.
Step 5: Follow the wizard to create a bootable recovery drive.
Step 6: After that, please insert iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery bootable USB drive into the crashed/dead Macbook Pro, and then press the Power button and Option key (⌥) to start the computer.
Step 7: Select iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery from boot option.
Step 8: Follow the wizard to scan data from the crashed Mac computer.
Why does your Mac get crashed?
- 1. A malware or virus attack can make the working of your system bugged.
- 2. If your Mac is running too many programs, apps and browser tabs, they will affect memory and CPU which can crash your Mac.
- 3. App crashed. There is a problem with a single app.
- 4. macOS loaded with system junk or needs to be update.
- 5. Not enough free hard drive space.
- 6. Many bad sectors on your hard drive.