Unable to unmount volume for repair: (69673) occurs due to a volume that could not be unmounted. Before proceeding to fix the drive, you should back up or recover your data.
You can use iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac to get help, which is a powerful tool that can help you recover kinds of files from USB flash drives, SD cards, HDDs, and SSDs.
- Free download and launch iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- Choose your external hard drive and click Search for Lost Data.
- Preview the search result and click Recover.
- Check if you get back all the data.
After you get back your data, you can take the following ways to fix Unable to unmount volume for repair: (69673). Make sure you have closed all the programs running on Mac.
- Relaunch Finder
- Manually unmount the external hard drive
- Unmount the external hard drive with Terminal
- Force unmount the external hard drive
- Uninstall the external hard drive manufacturer's software
- Repair the external hard drive in macOS Recovery Mode
- Reformat the external hard drive in Terminal