APFS fsroot tree is invalid on macOS Mojave, how to fix?
No matter you are using macOS Mojave or High Sierra, it's possible to get the error message: 'fsroot tree is invalid'. This error usually pops up when you check your APFS drive in Disk Utility. In this situation, the APFS drive is not usable and you are unable to access all the data stored on the APFS drive. This article will go in-depth into the APFS fsroot tree invalid on macOS Mojave issue.
If you worry about data loss on APFS drive, you can download iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery to recover data from the APFS drive on Mojave at first.
Hello, while doing a first-aid check on my macOS APFS volume, I get the following message in the details as it scans the volume.
- Checking the fsroot tree.
- error: drec_val object (oid 0x51b169): invalid type (0)
- fsroot tree is invalid.
- The volume /dev/rdisk1s1 could not be verified completely.
Can anyone who's knowledgeable with this type of error provide some info about what this error is, whether it's a concern or not?
APFS fsroot tree is invalid, what's the matter?
APFS fsroot tree is the top-level directory of an APFS drive. If APFS fsroot tree is invalid on macOS Mojave, the operating system will fail to locate all the data stored on the APFS drive. In other words, the data on the APFS drive will become inaccessible.
How to fix APFS fsroot tree is invalid on macOS Mojave?
As the invalidation of APFS drive's fsroot tree is related to file system corruption, the quickest solution is to reformat the APFS drive. But please make sure that you have made a backup copy of your important files. If not, iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery can help you recover lost data from APFS drives on macOS Mojave.
iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery is free macOS Mojave data recovery software that enables you to recover data from corrupted APFS hard drives, external hard drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, memory cards, Pen drives, and digital cameras, etc. It's fully compatible with macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/Sierra and Mac OS X.
Step 1: Recover data from the corrupted APFS drive with iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery
1. Launch iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery.
2. Select the APFS drive which has "fsroot tree is invalid" error and click "Next" button to scan lost files.
3. Preview the searching results, choose files you want to get back, and click "Recover" button.
4. Check to ensure you have got all the lost data back.
Besides that, iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery is one of the best APFS data recovery software which is able to recover data from formatted, unmountable, inaccessible APFS drives, recover lost data from encrypted APFS volumes, recover deleted/lost APFS partitions, etc. Moreover, iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery supports recovering documents, pictures, audios, videos, emails from HFS+, HFS, exFAT, FAT32 drive.
Step 2: Fix "APFS fsroot tree is invalid" on macOS Mojave by reformatting
1. Launch Disk Utility.
2. Select the APFS drive which has "fsroot tree is invalid" error on the left part of the window.
3. Click Erase on the top of the Disk Utility window.
4. Complete related information (name, format, scheme), then click Erase button.
Still have questions?