Download Free NTFS for Mac to write to NTFS drive on macOS
On macOS, we can only view contents of a NTFS file system, but can't perform any write operation like delete, cut or copy. As writing to NTFS drive on Mac is frequently needed, there are some NTFS for Mac software helping us write to NTFS drive as regular drive on Mac.
Free NTFS for Mac software
As some people are looking for free NTFS driver, here below are five free NTFS for Mac software:
FUSE for macOS
Shortcomings of free NTFS for Mac
These NTFS for Mac utilities are free, but there're lots of shortcomings:
1. Slow speed: Compared with commercial NTFS for macOS software, the four free ones only mount NTFS drive with slow speed, and waste much time when transferring large files.
2. Software virus: It is very possible that free software contain some unknown virus, which may bring damage to our device and files, and even steal our personal information.
3. No technical support: Free NTFS for Mac software can't offer us any guarantee, automatic upgrade or technical support. If we have any problem, we can find nobody to help us.
4. Unstable performance: Free NTFS for Mac tools come with lots of bugs that they are quiet weak in performance. By the way, it may cause problem to our Mac machine.
Professional NTFS for Mac software
Free NTFS for Mac software is not our best choice for it may take extra work. To prevent the troubles above, we'd better use professional NTFS for Mac software.
1. iBoysoft Drive Manager: mount NTFS drive, external drive and network drive
iBoysoft Drive Manager is a professional NTFS driver that can mount NTFS drive on Mac as a regular drive with read-write mode. It supports macOS Mojave 10.14, macOS High Sierra 10.13/10.12 and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
Aside from above, iBoysoft Drive Manager can also help mount and unmount network drives and external drives. Only a simple click from the menu bar, we can mount and unmount external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, CF card, pen drive, network drive, etc.
Features of iBosoft Drive Manager
Not only write to NTFS drive, but also write to exFAT, FAT32 drive.
Mount external drive, including external hard drive, USB drive, SD card, memory card, pen drive, etc.
Manage network drive with only one click. iBoysoft Drive Manager gives each network drive a new drive letter, which makes it possible for us to easily manage specific network drive.
Have fast speed when transferring bulky files.
2. NTFS Assistant: the cheapest NTFS for Mac utility in App Store
NTFS Assistant is not only the cheapest NTFS for macOS software in App Store, but also has very stable performance when transferring large files. With NTFS Assistant, we can easily write to NTFS drive on macOS 10.14/10.13 High Sierra/10.12 Sierra/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
Still have questions?