‘cursoruiviewservice’ Not Responding and Causing Mac Lag, How To Fix It?

Hi to all of you. On my MacBook Air, I’ve observed that the “cursoruiviewservice” process is starting to show as “not responding” in Activity Monitor. This is creating a lot of slowness, especially while typing and switching between upper- and lowercase letters. The blue caps lock indicator appears to be controlled by this process as well; it becomes inoperable when the process is not responding. The lag appears to be caused by this problem, which is consuming roughly 170MB of RAM at the moment. Since I’ve brought up this issue with Apple Support and might need to provide logs once again, I’m trying not to restart my MacBook. The “com.apple.hiservices-xpcservice” process also stops responding, even though its RAM usage is typically limited to 3.5MB. It appears that an XPC (Cross-Process Communication) problem is connected to this. Some logs also suggest that Microsoft Outlook is not handling the clipboard process correctly. Has anyone else experienced this issue or found a solution? Thanks

As you mentioned this ‘cursoruiviewservice’ not responding issue happens due to some logs suggesting that Microsoft Outlook is not handling the clipboard process correctly, why not try to re-launch Microsoft Outlook on your Mac machine?

Option :one:: Force quit the problematic app - Microsoft Outlook on your machine by controlling-click it and selecting Force Quit from the context menu. Once it quits from the background completely, use Spotlight Search or Launchpad to launch Microsoft Outlook, then wait and see if the “cursoruiviewservice” process responds well in Activity Monitor.

Option :two:: If yes, try to uninstall Microsoft Outlook and then reinstall it on your machine to make the “cursoruiviewservice” program work normally.

Here we recommend a professional uninstaller for you to carry out the uninstall mission, that is, iBoysoft MagicMenu. This professional utility outweighs other uninstallers and workarounds for its one-in-all uninstall feature.

Specifically, it gathers all associated files of an app before the ultimate uninstall, including user files, caches, preferences, install packages, extensions, root files, junks, etc. Once iBoysoft MagicMenu finishes the file gathering, you can choose what files to delete along with the uninstall once and for all, which greatly saves time and effort in searching for the files scattered in different folders and directories.

Here we’ll show you how to uninstall the problematic app from your Mac completely:

Step 1: Install iBoysoft MagicMenu on your Mac.

Step 2: Launch this handy app uninstaller and search the Uninstall extension in its main window for a download. Note that iBoysoft MagicMenu only takes a little space and so does the Uninstall function, which nearly does not influence your Mac.

Step 3: Go to Finder > Applications, locate the app you plan to uninstall, then right-click it to select Uninstall from the dropdown menu.

Step 4: Wait for this professional app remover to gather all associated files of the will-be-uninstalled app. Once it finishes, check the useless files to let them be removed along with the app.

Step 5: Click Uninstall to confirm your actions and initiate the uninstall progress. This progress may take up to several seconds.

After this uninstall, go to a trustworthy website and download Microsoft Outlook again to see if the “cursoruiviewservice” program makes your Mac sluggish still.

Hope these ways help in dealing with the issue you encounter on your Mac computer!

I wonder if the slowness while typing and switching between upper and lowercase can be fixed by resetting the mouse settings. Acknowledgedly, the mouse tracking speed, scrolling speed, and double-click speed can be changed from Slow to Fast. So when you find the mouse moves or works slowly, you can make some changes via System Preferences or System Settings > Mouse > Slide the pointer from Slow to Fast in the tracking speed, scrolling speed, and double-click speed sections.

If this way makes no sense in dealing with the “cursoruiviewservice” process lagging your Mac machine, try to restart your Mac computer to terminate the strange process and get the machine ready for the next work routine.

Alternatively, you can boot your Mac into macOS Safe Mode to check if your Mac runs slowly still. Safe Mode is included in Mac startup options to help you troubleshoot most OS-related problems. It can be considered as a diagnostic mode of the Mac operating system.

Boot an Intel-based Mac in Safe Mode:

1. Shut down your Mac computer and wait for 10 seconds.

2. Press the power button to restart your Mac and simultaneously hold down the Shift key.

3. Release the Shift key when seeing the login window.

Start a Mac with an Apple Silicon chip in Safe Mode:

1. Shut down your Mac computer and wait for 10 seconds.

2. Press down the power button until the startup options and the Options gear icon appear on the screen.

3. Choose your startup disk.

4. Hold down the Shift key and click Continue in Safe Mode. Then, release the Shift key.

Is this issue coming due to your use of a Bluetooth mouse? Do you connect the contactless mouse to your computer via Bluetooth? If yes, this issue might happen due to the poor connection between the mouse and your device. You can cut off the connection and connect again to see if everything goes well. If not, I suggest you file a report to the Apple team who will give you detailed explanations and professional solutions. Even though there is no explanation yet, your report can make this issue attention-getting and contribute it to be a common trouble, then the Apple team will spend time and effort on this issue. Your report will help a lots of people who run into the same trouble!

Based on my search on this issue, Apple engineers investigated the issue and discovered that it’s a software problem affecting M-series processors. Apple’s team is diving right into the final solution. Also, I have heard that this issue happens after the macOS Sonoma update, so perhaps you can downgrade macOS or reinstall macOS to get this trouble fixed completely.

Good luck~