Written byJenny Zeng
Error recovering disk: A recovery key was not found on this drive
Summary: This post tells you how to regain access to the data you saved on the BitLocker encrypted drive when it says that 'Error recovering disk: A recovery key was not found on the drive. The drive cannot be unlocked.'
Today morning I opened my BitLocker encrypted USB flash drive and received "Error recovering disk D: A recovery key was not found on this drive. The drive cannot be unlocked", how should I access data stored in BitLocker encrypted flash drive?
In this situation, BitLocker encrypted drive was corrupted so that BitLocker recovery key cannot unlock BitLocker encrypted drive, so we have to find a BitLocker data recovery software to recover lost data from corrupted BitLocker encrypted drive.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Use BitLocker data recovery software
- 2. Recover lost data from corrupted BitLocker encrypted drive with iBoysoft BitLocker Recovery
Use BitLocker data recovery software
iBoysoft BitLocker Recovery is a professional BitLocker data recovery software that can recover lost data from formatted, corrupted, failed, inaccessible, unknown, deleted, or lost BitLocker encrypted partition, recover lost data after BitLocker drive encryption/decryption failed, stuck, froze, interrupted, hung, etc. as long as we provide the password or 48-digit BitLocker recovery key.
Recover lost data from corrupted BitLocker encrypted drive with iBoysoft BitLocker Recovery
- Download, install and launch iBoysoft BitLocker Recovery on your computer.
- Select the corrupted BitLocker encrypted drive and click Next to continue.
- Enter the password or 48-digit BitLocker recovery key.
- Scan the lost data from the corrupted BitLocker encrypted drive.
- After the lost data is found, please select them and click "Recover" to save.
How to unlock BitLocker encrypted drive without password and recovery key?
How to access BitLocker encrypted drive on another Windows PC, Mac or Linux?
How to remove BitLocker password from USB drive, pen drive, external HDD on Windows?