First, you can check if there's any problem with your battery. Perhaps the battery is bad which is preventing MacBook from powering on (or even charging).
If there's no problem with your battery, you can try to take the following methods to fix your MacBook won't turn on.
- Detach all external devices from your Mac
- Reset the SMC
- Let your MacBook charge for a longer time
- Perform a power cycle on your computer
- Check the display brightness settings or try to use an external monitor
- Seek repair service
Besides, if you want to recover data from MacBook that won't turn on, you can use iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac to give help. But you mentioned you take off the hard drive from the MacBook, so following the below ways to fix this issue.
Actually, Apple uses a proprietary SSD connector, and you can check which is the right adaptor for your hard drive on the official website.
After you take the right adaptor, you can put your hard drive in it and insert it into another Mac that can work normally. And you can use professional data recovery software like iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac which can help you to recover kinds of files from the hard drives.
- Free download and open iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- Choose your hard drive and click Search for Lost Data.
- Preview the search results and click Recover.
After that, check if you get back all the data.