There are two ways to delete apps from Launchpad on Mac, depending on whether the app is downloaded from the App Store or the internet.
Way 1: Delete App Store apps from Launchpad
You can directly delete apps installed from the App Store with these steps:
- Open Launchpad.
- Find the app you want to delete.
- Click and hold the app until it starts to jiggle.
- Click the "x" icon on the app to delete it.
This will remove the app from Launchpad and your Mac. If the app doesn't have a delete button, it means that it's downloaded through an internet browser. You need to delete it from the Applications folder.
Way 2: Delete Internet apps from Launchpad
If the app you want to delete comes from the internet, follow the steps below to get rid of it.
- Open Finder.
- Click Applications on the left.
- Right-click the app you want to delete and select "Move to Trash."
If the app shows up in Launchpad but not in your Applications folder, type a dot into the search box. When the app is revealed, you can remove it from Launchpad.