When macOS Sequoia comes out and what's new in this OS?

I have heard that Apple’s new Mac operating system is approaching, when it comes to public? What Mac models are supported to run this new OS? And what’s new or improvements in this operating system?

I’m looking forward to experiencing this operating system on my M1 Mac.

2 Likes

According to Apple’s tradition, macOS 15 Sequoia is highly likely to come to the public from late September to early October. As the iteration of macOS 14 Sonoma, it embraces loads of marvelous features and updates including new apps, system functions, error or bug fixes, improvements for superb user experience, and so on.

macOS Soquoia’s beta is available for users who have an Apple developer account or you can visit some trustworthy website like GitHub for the macOS Sequoia installer, which has been released to the forth version. While if you wanna a more stable and flawless OS, you can wait and prepare your Mac to install the public macOS Sequoia version.

Checking whether your Mac is supported to run macOS Sequoia is significant, which determines whether you can maximumly get a taste of its performance and highlights. You can click the Apple menu on the upper left corner of the Mac desktop, then click About this Mac, followingly, you’ll be brought to a window that reads your Mac model.

Apple cancels certain Mac devices’ support to run new macOS annually, you can check whether your Mac can install the macOS Sequoia here:

1. iMac 2019 and later

2. iMac Pro 2017 and later

3. Mac Studio 2022 and later

4. MacBook Air 2020 and later

5. Mac mini 2018 and later

6. MacBook Pro 2018 and later

7. Mac Pro 2019 and later

If your Mac device is not listed in this table and you’re desperate to experience on your unsupported Mac, you can install macOS Sequoia on your unsupported Mac then! There are lots of step-by-step instructions online, you can search one that fits you most to carry on the macOS installation with ease!

3 Likes

It will probably released in September or October based on Apple’s annual custom. If you cannot wait until that time, you can try to install its beta version on your Mac to have an early taste. Besides, you even log in to your developer account or file Apple a report about your user experience and suggestions.

As the new features or highlights of macOS Sequoia, the most prominent one is the Passwords app, which gathers all your credentials in one place. From passwords to verifications and security alerts, you can find them all securely stored in the Passwords app. Moreover, it securely syncs across devices and apps. I believe it is a perfect and fantastic iteration of the Keychain Access released on the earlier macOS.

On top of that, it’s Gaming features include sorts of new and upcoming games for Mac. You can enjoy new and upcoming titles from game developers taking full advantage of Metal 3 and Apple silicon to deliver smooth frame rates and high-quality visuals. If you’re expecting an incomparable game experience, go to optimize your Mac for games beforehand!

One other feature that draws my attention is the Continuity, and this feature lets people use iPhones on Mac. Simply, people can view what’s on their iPhone and control it without having to reach for it. This feature is so convenient especially when the iPhone is not around us yet we can control Mac to perform some trifles on the iPhone end, like order take-out or so.

2 Likes

M1 Mac was released in 2020, and it can install macOS Sequoia to fully experience the features and highlights according to Apple’s declaration. Once macOS Sequoia is released, you can update to macOS Sequoia via Apple Menu > System Settings > General > Software Update > Update Now!

1 Like

thanks for your reply, that’s pretty detailed!

thank you for your reply

thanks I will update to macOS Sequoia when it comes out!