It is strange and annoying the USB flash drive suddenly disconnects from your Mac after you connect it a few minutes later. And it is very risky because the sudden disconnection could damage your drive data.
USB devices disconnecting on Mac could be caused by a loose connection, defective USB port or cable, insufficient power supply, disk errors, disk overheating, third-party software intervention, etc. There are some possible solutions you can try to fix the USB flash drive disappearing from the Mac after a few minutes:
- Restart your Mac and reconnect the USB drive.
- Check the USB port, USB cable, and USB hub.
- Supply sufficient power.
- Remove unnecessary peripherals.
- Reset the SMC and NVRAM.
- Update disk driver and macOS.
- Boot into Safe Mode.
- Repair the USB drive via Disk Utility First Aid.
If any data loss on the USB flash drive, try iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac to save your files!