Sure. BitLocker is a full-volume encryption feature included with Microsoft Windows. It is used to protect data by providing encryption for entire volumes. It is important that BitLocker is free to use and has high security.
Here are some advantages of BitLocker that you can use as a reference.
- Easy enablement of hard drive encryption
- Efficient device encryption
- Encryption of only used disk space
- Protection of preboot information
- Efficient PIN and password management
- Appropriate configuration of the network unlock feature
Windows constantly updates its security features and implements new security strategies so that it's safe to use. And it is very easy to operate so it's very friendly for a newcomer.
But it also has disadvantages. It is only compatible with the below versions, you can check it.
- Ultimate and Enterprise editions of Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Pro and Enterprise editions of Windows 8 and 8.1
- Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions of Windows 10
- Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions of Windows 11
- Windows Server 2008 and later
And if you want to decrypt the drive, you will spend a long time waiting. At the same time, you need a password or a recovery key for BitLocker to decrypt it. If you forget your password or the recovery key, there is no way for you to decrypt your drive but reformat it.