Best NTFS Apps for macOS Mojave/High Sierra 2019
It is not an easy thing to transfer files between Windows and Mac, especially when our external drive is formatted as NTFS. By default, macOS Mojave 10.14, High Sierra 10.13 and earlier can read NTFS drive but can't write to it. With reliable NTFS for Mac apps, we can read and write to NTFS drive as we wish, including creating, modifying, transferring and deleting files on NTFS drive.
There are many apps claim to be the best NTFS apps for macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13. After careful comparison, we have found the top 7 NTFS for NTFS for macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13 apps and will give the detailed pros & cons of them. For users who are looking for reliable NTFS for macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13 apps, this passage can be very helpful.
Best NTFS for Mac Apps - Write NTFS Drives on macOS Mojave/High Sierra
No.1. iBoysoft Drive Manager
iBoysoft Drive Manager is a professional Mac tool that can automatically and effectively mount NTFS drive on Mac as a regular drive with read-write mode. It supports macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/10.12 and macOS 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
iBoysoft Drive Manager is also a handy tool to manage external drives and network drives. If offers a menu bar from which we can easily mount, unmount and remount network drives, external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, CF card, pen drive, etc.
1. Not only can enable write to NTFS drives, but also can mount FAT32 drives, exFAT drives, etc.
2. Extra function: mount/unmount network drives & external drives with ease.
Step-by-step instruction to mount NTFS drive on macOS High Sierra 10.13 with iBoysoft Drive Manager
Step 1: Free download and install iBoysoft Drive Manager on Mac.
Step 2: Launch iBoysoft Drive Manager and connect NTFS drive to Mac.
Step 3: Write to NTFS drive after getting notified that the NTFS drive has been mounted successfully.
No.2. NTFS Assistant
NTFS Assistant is also a good choice to enable write to NTFS drive on macOS High Sierra 10.13. It is specially designed to help mount NTFS drive on Mac with read-write mode. It gives us full control over NTFS drive that we connect to Mac.
1. It only sales at a low price and is very cost-efficient.
2. Fully compatible with macOS 10.14/10.13/10.12 and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
3. Simple to install and easy to use.
Tutorial to download and use NTFS Assistant:
Step 1: Download and install NTFS Assistant from App Store >>.
Step 2: Download and install NTFS Assistant Helper >>.
Step 3: Launch NTFS Assistant and connect NTFS drive to Mac.
No.3. Paragon NTFS for Mac 15
Paragon NTFS for Mac 15 is a file system driver that allows macOS Yosemite and later (including macOS High Sierra) to read and write to NTFS hard drives, NTFS solid-state storage devices, and NTFS USB flash drives.
Paragon NTFS for Mac offers options to enable Spotlight indexing, mount disks read-only, or disable auto-mount on a per-volume basis.
1. Fast, native read/write access for NTFS drives.
2. Optional menu bar app with mount/unmount controls.
1. Paid major upgrades: It is free to have a minor upgrade. But for major upgrades (like from version 14 to version 15), we have to pay for that.
2. macOS 10.8 Mountain Lion or earlier requires NTFS for Mac 12.
No.4. Tuxera NTFS for Mac
Tuxera NTFS for Mac is a commercial NTFS drive developed from a popular open-source software named NTFS-3G. It has been designed to bring customers the most efficient performance when accessing NTFS drives while keeping their data safe.
1. Tuxera NTFS for Mac is compatible with popular virtulization and encryption softwares, like Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion and TrueCrypt.
2. It supports 15 languages, including English, Chinese, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish.
1. Slow speed: Tuxera NTFS for Mac only has slow speed when transferring big files and large volume data.
2. Relatively high price: The lifetime license of Tuxera NTFS for Mac charges US$31.
No.5. Mounty for Mac
Mounty for Mac is a smooth-running Mac application specially designed to help mount write-protected NTFS volumes in read-write mode on Mac.
1. Mounty for Mac is a free software, so we needn't spend any money to buy it.
2. Easy to install and use.
1. From feedback of many users, Mounty for NTFS can only write to NTFS drive with slow speed.
2. Since it is a freeware, it has no technical support.
No.6. FUSE for macOS
FUSE for macOS (was OSXFUSE) allows us to extend macOS's native file-handling capabilities via third-party file systems. It is a successor of MacFUSE, which is no longer being maintained.
1. User friendly installation procedure.
2. Wide collection of user space libraries designed to provide support for multiple languages.
It has some bugs, such as file size being reported as 0 bytes when using the file modules.
SL-NTFS makes us able to write on NTFS partition via Apple driver. After installing SL-NTFS, we will be notified once a NTFS disk (USB or External HDD) is mounted and be asked to enable write to NTFS function if it is not set automatically.
It is easy to install and is a freeware.
1. Limited to access large number of files and large volume of data.
2. Does not support completely all hard driver brands.
Still have questions?