Written byVain Rowe
Best 5 Mac Disk Space Analyzers For Mac Drive Space Analysis & Cleanup
Summary: After a comprehensive review and comparison, this article presents the 5 most recommended Mac disk space analyzers, showcasing their remarkable features and drawbacks. Among all Mac disk space analyzers, you can rely on iBoysoft MagicMenu to analyze your drive thoroughly and show detailed hard drive space information.
If your Mac's hard drive accumulates too many files and data, you will be notified by a message saying that Mac hard drive is full. Overfilled data stored on your Mac hard drive will result in the Mac running slow and hinder the download task. Ensuring your Mac hard drive has enough space to perform is of utmost importance, and analyzing Mac disk space for regular cleanup is the only way forward.
With a comprehensive space analysis and up-to-date cleanup, you can rest assured that your Mac performance remains fast and smooth given that the Mac hard drive won't be stacked with piles of useless files and app packages anymore.
While macOS offers a configured storage management tool in System Settings (System Preferences), it primarily lists the general storage info swallowed by each app or program, not displaying separate caches, associated files, support folders, app packages, etc. at great length. To have a thorough knowledge of the drive storage info, it is recommended to utilize a Mac disk space analyzer, which facilitates a full and detailed analysis of your Mac hard drive.
Here we review the Mac disk space analyzer
We evaluate a Mac disk space analyzer's essential features, performance, ease of use, and overall usefulness for users. We began by investigating various Mac disk space analyzers on the market and installing them on our Mac for fair testing. Then we went through their user interfaces and tested the space analysis by scanning the entire hard disk with each app. Finally, we checked for other users' evaluations and testimonials, assessed any additional features provided by the software, and assessed the software's value for money.
Best Mac disk space analyzer review summary
|🔢 Number of Software Tested
|15 tested, 5 selected
|💻 Device We Tested on
|MacBook Pro (13-inch, M2, 2022), macOS Sonoma
|⏰ Average Analysis Time
|💸 Average Cost
|$19.96 - $50
|💰 Minimum Cost
Table of Contents:
- 1. #1 iBoysoft MagicMenu - Ultimate Mac hard drive space analyzer
- 2. #2 Disk Space Analyzer: Inspector - Analyze hard drive space usage
- 3. #3 Disk Inventory X - Free Mac Disk Space Analyzer
- 4. #4 DaisyDisk - Easy viewing Mac disk space analyzer
- 5. #5 GrandPerspective - Prominent Mac disk space analyzer
- 6. Why do you need a Mac disk space analyzer?
#1 iBoysoft MagicMenu - Ultimate Mac hard drive space analyzer
iBoysoft MagicMenu stands out among sorts of Mac disk space analyzers with its intuitive interface and thorough space analysis facility. It presents all system data, installed applications, app packages, caches, support folders, user logs, system documents, etc. with a clean and understandable visualization table, manifesting which files or folders are taking up much space on your hard drives.
On top of all that, it is a portable right-click enhancer, which allows you to perform Create New File, Send To/Copy To, Uninstall, Compress, and more tasks with several clicks, rescuing you from boring and trifling affairs.
Analyze Disk Space On Mac
Some of the remarkable features are:
- Support macOS Sonoma - macOS High Sierra
- Multiple functions in one app
- Comprehensive Mac disk space analysis
- Up-to-date and fix bugs
- Technical support provided
- Limited-time free trial
Editor's Review: iBoysoft MagicMenu is a Mac computer toolkit, including customizing menu items for Finder, uninstaller, duplicate file finder & cleaner, similar photos finder & cleaner, Mac cleaner, opening a file or folder with JetBrains apps. - Mac Apple Store (Read Full Review)
We would appreciate it if you could help us reach more people!
#2 Disk Space Analyzer: Inspector - Analyze hard drive space usage
Disk Space Analyzer: Inspector (not the advanced version Disk Space Analyzer Pro) is a wonderful software that finds the biggest files and folders eating up your limited hard drive space. It scans the file structure, analyzes the remaining disk space, and lists with an intuitive sunburst-like diagram on various data storage containers.
Some of its best features are:
- Visual progress bar during the scanning process
- Quick Look for the scanned items
- Navigating folders during the real-time scan
- Portable and small to install
- Inexpensive tool
- Simple to use
- Supports all types of Mac storage
- No phone support provided
- Space analysis takes some time
- Diagram makes some people confused
- Offer no additional function
Editor's Review: Disk Space Analyzer finds the biggest files and folders that eat up precious hard drive space. You can scan your disk file structure, analyze the remaining disk space, and view your files and folders with an intuitive sunburst-like diagram. - Mac Apple Store (Read Full Review)
#3 Disk Inventory X - Free Mac Disk Space Analyzer
Disk Inventory X is a free software supporting users to analyze disk space on Mac for Mac OS X 10.3 and later macOS versions. It showcases the size of files and folders in treemaps for easy viewing after its built-in space analysis process ends. Whereas, this tool doesn't provide an included function to remove files from Mac so you can only know what files and data are eating up your hard drive without cleanup.
Some of the key features are:
- A tree map of Mac hard drive analysis for easy viewing
- Fast directory scanning and sortable columns in identifying large files
- A customizable interface allows you to coordinate file types
- Free to use
- Tree view of files and folders
- Comes with both a textual and graphical interface
- No deletion function
- One trick-pony
- Stop updating since 2019
- No support for macOS after macOS 10.15 Catalina
- User forum support only
Editor's Review: Disk Inventory X is a disk usage utility for Mac OS X. It shows the sizes of files and folders in a special graphical way called "treemaps". - MacUpdate (Read Full Review)
#4 DaisyDisk - Easy viewing Mac disk space analyzer
DaisyDisk is a paid disk space analyzer for Mac operating systems. It is greatly welcomed for its beautiful and colorful table that is pleasant to view, which scans your Mac hard drive and presents its content as a sector diagram where the biggest files and folders at once become well-marked. You can launch it for the space analysis to complete the cleanup tasks with ease.
Some of its impressive features are:
- Colorful and beautiful disk space table
- Add hidden space discovery including system areas into the scan
- Add keyboard navigation in the scanned report
- One-time purchase for a lifetime license
- Special graphical disk map
- Fast scanning speed
- Preview files before deletion
- No additional function
- Free trial with limited function
- Low visualization in text interface
Editor's Review: Get a visual breakdown of your disk space in the form of an interactive map, reveal the biggest space wasters, and remove them with a simple drag and drop. Discover what's hiding inside the "Other" storage category and clear it up. Recover disk space by finding and removing large useless files. Supports all kinds of local drives, as well as the most popular cloud disks. -Mac App Store (Read Full Review)
#5 GrandPerspective - Prominent Mac disk space analyzer
GrandPerspective is a prominent disk space analyzer for the Mac operating system in a graphical treemap. It is able to scan your hard drive sector by sector and byte by byte then presents a very comprehensive mapping of Mac's hard drive storage usage, and each item is shown as a rectangle proportional to its size.
Some of its highlights are:
- Allow to filter a file or folder by creation date, extension, or file type
- Choose a different color palette for a file or folder
- Rescan a folder with different settings
- Multiple view support for easy comparison
- Inexpensive to use
- Portable and easy to download
- Duplicating a view allows to compare various visualizations of the same data
- An Apple silicon or Intel-based processor is supported
- Keep updating and fixing bugs
- The interface is hard to navigate for some users
- The latest software version offers no support for macOS before macOS 11.0
Editor's Review: GrandPerspective is a small utility application that graphically shows the disk usage within a file system. It can help you to manage your disk, as you can easily spot which files and folders take up the most space. - Mac App Store (Read Full Review)
Why do you need a Mac disk space analyzer?
As mentioned before, the built-in Storage Management tool in Mac gives no way to know the details of Mac's hard drive space and what app filesfolders are eating up the space, which makes a Mac disk space analyzer necessary here.
By using third-party software to analyze disk space on Mac, you can master every single app file or folder that swallows your hard drive and choose to keep or removeas wish.
Moreover, you have no path to remove system data on your Mac Storage unless you can access it to see what uses up the space, or a several error may happen due to crucial system data lack.
While the Mac disk space analyzers like iBoysoft MagicMenu give you a solution. It scans your hard drive bit by bit and presents every file and folder lying on your Mac, and you can determine whether it can be deleted according to its name.
Find this article informative? Then share it with more people!
This post lists the 5 best recommended Mac disk space analyzers for you to perform some file/folder size analysis and remove missions, and each one comes with introductions and strengths/drawbacks, you can try one as you like.