Written byAnna Yuan
How to Download Netflix on Mac? ( Updated in 2023)
Netflix, a hot streaming service, could offer you a wide variety of TV shows, movies, anime, documentaries, and so on. If you're using a Mac, you can watch Netflix series online but you can't download movies or videos locally and watch them offline with a Mac Netflix app. Want to know how to download Netflix on Mac? Just keep reading.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Can you download Netflix on Mac
- 2. How to download Netflix on Mac
- 3. Popular methods that don't work for downloading Netflix on Mac
Can you download Netflix on Mac
'Can you download Netflix on Mac?' this is a very hot question discussed on forums. The quick answer here is 'No' since there is no official Netflix app for Mac and you can't find it in Mac App Store. If any site claims that you can download it on Mac, be aware that it could be a scam or phishing site. If you unconsciously install a spam app or malware because of this, you can cleanly uninstall it with iBoysoft MagicMenu.
However, there is still a way to watch movies or videos with Netflix on Mac. And the method is totally legal. If you're interested, look through the next part.
Please share this informative post with more people, thanks!
How to download Netflix on Mac
As is well-known to all, Intel Mac has a free utility named Boot Camp Assistant, which is able to partition Mac HDD or SSD to install and run Windows in an actual Windows environment (not a virtual one). With Windows OS running on your Mac, you can directly download Netflix for Windows version on the Boot Camp partition so that you can download movies on Netflix on your Mac and watch them offline.
Since Apple Silicon Mac doesn't support Boot Camp Assistant to install and run Windows on it, what if you're using an M1/M2 Mac, is it possible to download Netflix on Mac? Without M1 Boot Camp, you can use a Windows virtual machine for Mac such as Parallels to run Windows OS. However, though you can run Windows on M1 Mac with Parallels, you still can't use Netflix offline watching because you'll receive an error code U7354.
If you think this article is helpful, post it on your social media.
Popular methods that don't work for downloading Netflix on Mac
Except for installing Windows on Mac to let the Netflix app be available on Mac, here are a collection of old tricks that used to work for downloading Netflix on Mac but don't work now anymore.
- Stream Netflix movies/videos with Airplay: The Netflix app for iOS supports AirPlay to allow wireless streaming between devices of multimedia content. This means that you can stream Netflix movies and shows from your iOS devices to any AirPlay-enabled device over local Wi-Fi. However, Netflix turned off the support for AirPlay in 2019.
- Run iOS apps on M1 Mac with sideloading: Initially Apple allows users to run iOS apps on Apple Silicon Macs, which means you can run the Netflix iOS version on Mac. However, Apple started disabling this feature in Mac App Store on January 19th, 2021. And Netflix also has opted out of this functionality, so you can't download it in this way.
- Record Netflix shows with a screen recorder: Actually, you can record anything that's playing on your Mac screen including Netflix shows or movies with a screen recorder, such as QuickTime Player. But why here this method is listed as a not working one? Not only because this method is very time-consuming, but it's also borderline illegal. Screen recording is somehow against Netflix's terms and conditions. So we don't recommend you do such stuff.