Welcome to the Mac world!! There are multiple ways to delete an application from your MacBook Air, you can delete it from Launchpad, uninstall it using Finder, or remove it with third-party uninstallers.
If the application you want to get rid of is downloaded from App Store, you can directly delete it on your computer with Mac Launchpad. Here's how to do so:
- Open Launchpad in the Mac Dock at the bottom of the screen.
- Find the application that you want to remove from your Mac computer.
- Click on the app and hold until it jiggles, click the x icon shown on the top-right of the app, then click Delete.
If the application is not downloaded from the App Store, you may not find the x icon when keep clicking the app. In this situation, try to uninstall apps on Mac using Finder:
- Launch Mac Finder on your Mac and choose Application in the left sidebar.
- Browse the applications and find the one you want to uninstall, then select it.
- Right-click the selected application and choose Move to Trash. Enter the admin password if asked.
- Right-click on the Mac Trash from Dock and choose Empty Trash.
Also, you can use third-party uninstallers to remove unwanted applications from your MacBook Air more easily. Personally, I recommend iBoysoft MagicMenu, a fully customizable Finder menu on Mac. With it, you can uninstall apps by merely right-clicking.
Here's how to uninstall apps on Mac using iBoysoft MagicMenu:
- Click the above button to download, install, and launch iBoysoft MagicMenu.
- Go to Finder > Applications, and find the application you want to get rid of.
- Right-click on the application and then choose Uninstall. Now you're all set!
Hope this helps! Enjoy your journey in the Mac world!