If you have backed up the Mac with Time Machine before wiping, you can easily restore your files from the erased Mac using the Time Machine drive. Here's how:
Restore files from Time Machine:
- Connect the Time Machine backup drive to your Mac. If prompted, enter your password.
- Open a window for the folder containing your file. (optional)
- Enter Time Machine by clicking the Time Machine symbol in the menu bar.
- Use the Up/Down arrows or scroll over to find the precise file you want to restore from the Time Machine.
- To preview a file, select it and press the space bar.
- Tap Restore. The file can be examined in its original location.
Restore Mac from Time Machine:
- Start your Mac in macOS Recovery mode.
- Select Restore from Time Machine in the Utilities window, then click Continue.
- Click Continue after selecting the Time Machine backup disk.
- Click Continue after choosing a backup according to the date.
- Click Restore after selecting the Mac hard drive that will hold the backup data.
- Restart the Mac.
Perhaps, you have backed up important files to a cloud storage service such as iCloud, you can also download files from iCloud to your Mac to have a local version.
Unluckily, there is no backup available to restore the wiped MacBook Pro, you can still try professional data recovery software to recover data as long as there is no new data saved to the wiped MacBook Pro. iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is recommended, it can recover data from erased Mac, APFS volume, FileVault-enabled hard drive, etc. Even if it is an SSD internal drive, it is also possible to recover a wiped Mac with a timely data recovery.
Just download iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac for free to recover wiped MacBook Pro ASAP!