Connie Yang is the primary columnist in the computer field at iBoysoft. She is enthusiastic about sharing tech tutorials on data recovery and operating system-related problems resolution. Over the years, Connie has published many computer-related guides and introductory articles.
Step-by-Step Guide: Creating New Folders on a Mac Timestamped
1. 00:00 📁 Creating a folder on a MacBook can be tricky due to the secondary click feature, which may not be familiar to some users.
2. 00:37 💻 Enable secondary click in system preferences under trackpad settings.
3. 00:50 📁 Enable the menu to create new folders by tapping with two fingers or clicking in the right or left corner on the home screen.
4. 01:28 👩💻 When creating a folder on a MacBook, be aware of potential issues with folder views and page filling.
5. 01:56 📁 To create a folder in MacBook, find a small spot between the name and first folder, right click there, and the new folder option will appear.
6. 02:41 📁 Switch the view to exit the list, right click to create a new folder, and switch back to the list view to see the folder.
7. 03:17 💻 Create a folder on any Mac computer with the latest macOS, it works the same way across all Apple Computers.
By the way, if you're a new Mac user who switches from Windows and is used to working with right clicks. You can use a right-click enhancer to simplify your workflow and improve your work efficiency until you familiar with macOS.
iBoysoft MagicMenu is an advanced and all-in-one right-click enhancer that allows you right-click to quick access a target folder, an app, or a website, create different types of new files, move files to a designated folder, cut and paste files, hide files, convert images, fully uninstall apps, find duplicate files and images, etc. Try it to work more smooth with your Mac.
Step-by-Step Guide: Creating New Folders on a Mac Video Summary
🖱️ The secondary click on a MacBook may be unfamiliar and make creating a folder more difficult for some users.
🔍 Enabling secondary click on MacBook trackpad can be done through system preferences, making it easier to access additional options.
📂 Tapping with two fingers on the home screen allows for easy creation of a new folder, making it the first option available.
🔍 The second problem in creating a folder on MacBook is the limited view options, such as tile list or carousel.
🖱️ The struggle of failing to create a new folder on a MacBook desktop can be frustrating, especially when the folder is full and right-clicking doesn't work on your Mac.
📁 Switching between tile view and list view allows for easy creation and organization of folders in MacBook.
FAQs about Step-by-Step Guide: Creating New Folders on a Mac
You can press Command + Shift + N to create a new folder on your Mac desktop or in Finder. Or, you can right-click the blank area on the target location and then select New Folder.
You can press Command + Shift + N to create a new folder first and then select it and press Command + C and Command + V to duplicate multiple folders on your Mac.
Right-click the blank place on the Mac desktop and then select New Folder. Or, you can use the shortcut - Command + Shift + N.