I have a 2023 MacBook Pro, and recently I’ve noticed that my available storage space keeps decreasing on its own, even though I’m not downloading or installing anything significant.
I’ve tried several troubleshooting steps, but I haven’t been able to figure out what’s causing it. The MacBook has also started slowing down, which makes me think the storage issue may be affecting its performance.
Has anyone experienced something similar? What could be taking up the space in the background, and what’s the best way to diagnose and fix it?
On your 2013 MBP, storage mysteriously disappearing is often caused by System Data, caches/logs, Time Machine local snapshots, iPhone/iPad backups, old macOS installers/updates, or large application-support files.
The best way to diagnose is going to Storage under About this Mac to see what is taking up your mac space. Then identify which file data should be cleared.
My personal experience goes to 2 steps:
Step 1. Analyze my disk space
Step 2. Find the actual space-hogging folders/files
iBoysoft Cleaner combines these 2 functions into 1 program, AI-powered smart disk analysis and comprehensive space cleanup toolkit. Irrespective of my system junk, or personal large files/duplicate files, it can instantly find them out and show up in a directory-structure view mode, letting me see what’s taking up my HD space at one glance.
I can then use its one-click cleanup option to clear removable folders/files without manually selection or identification. Check this guide for reference if you have no idea