Right-click not Working on the Trackpad, How to Fix?

Hi, after updating to Monterey, I’ve noticed that the right-click function by pressing and holding the trackpad for the options menu isn’t working anymore. I tried the suggested solution online but it didn’t work. Is there any fix available?

I think you need to check if your MacBook Air needs an update, as some earlier macOS may contain bugs that cause the MacBook Air trackpad to not work properly.

You need to reset the trackpad to fix your right click. Here are the steps:
Step1: Click the Apple logo at the top left corner of the menu bar.
Step2: Select “System Preferences,” and then choose “Trackpad.”
Step3: Under the “Point & Click” tab, uncheck the boxes for “Tap to click” and “Force Click and haptic feedback.”
Step4: Go to the “Scroll & Zoom” tab and select “Scroll direction: Natural” to reset the trackpad settings on your Mac.

Hi, I think reseting SMC may help you. That’s what I did when my right click was not working on the trackpad.
If your Mac is an M1 or later Mac, you can shut down your Mac, then wait for about 10 seconds, and restart it.
But if your Mac is an Intel-based Mac, you should shut down your Mac. Press and hold the Shift + Control + Option keys and the power button simultaneously for 10 seconds. Release all keys and then press the power button to turn your Mac back on.

Thank you, this is a very detailed method.