Has anyone else had problems using a Magic Mouse 2 after updating to macOS 27?
My Magic Mouse 2 was working normally before the update. After installing macOS 27, Bluetooth still shows the mouse as paired and connected, but it has completely stopped responding. I can’t move the cursor, click, or use any gestures.
I’ve already tried disconnecting and reconnecting it, removing the mouse from Bluetooth, and pairing it again, but nothing has helped so far.
The trackpad on my MacBook Air works normally, and another Bluetooth mouse also works without any problems.
Is this a known macOS 27 issue, or has anyone found a fix?
I had almost the exact same thing happen after the update. My Magic Mouse showed as connected, but the cursor just wouldn’t move and clicking didn’t do anything.
What finally worked for me was removing it from Bluetooth, shutting down the Mac completely, and then turning it back on before pairing the mouse again. I also made sure the mouse was charged first.
Since your trackpad and another Bluetooth mouse are working, I’d probably try that before messing with any other Bluetooth settings. It sounds like the Mac is seeing the mouse, but something isn’t communicating properly.
Same problem here, although mine started right after the macOS 27 update.
The weird part was that Bluetooth said the Magic Mouse was connected, but I couldn’t move the pointer or click anything. I thought the mouse had died at first.
I connected it to another Mac and it worked normally, so I knew the mouse itself was fine. I then forgot the mouse on my Mac, restarted the Mac, and paired it again. That did the trick for me.
If you have access to another Mac, I’d definitely test the mouse there first. If it works, I’d focus on the macOS/Bluetooth side rather than replacing the mouse.