Help! How to Enable Ctrl + Shift + V on Mac?

I use Control + Shift + V on Windows to paste text that matches the format of the destination document. Now, I need to paste text without formatting on my Mac. Is there an equivalent shortcut for Mac devices? I’ve tried Ctrl + V, but no vain.

The function of the shortcut Control + Shift + V is to paste text as plain text in Windows. In other words, paste the content from the clipboard without its original format. It is often used in applications in Microsoft Office, Google, Gmail, and some other word editors.

The equivalent of Windows Ctrl + Shift + V on a Mac is Option + Shift + Command + V. The shortcut Option + Shift + Command + V in macOS is called to paste and match style. It has the same function as Ctrl + Shift + V on Mac.

In macOS, there are three key combinations for pasting text.

Command - V: paste text in original format.

Command - Shift - V: paste text only.

Command - Shift - Option - V: paste text and match the style.

Command - Shift - Option - V is usually used on Microsoft Office, WPS, and other document editing apps for pasting text and matching the style. Command - Shift - V is more often used in Google Docs for pasting without formatting.

Why is Command Shift V not working on my Mac? How to enable Command Shift V on Mac? Command Shift V is not working in Google Docs on my Mac.

Command Shift V cannot work on WPS, Microsoft Word, or other similar word editors. Instead, you need to use Option - Shift - Command - V to paste with text only and match the current style.

If Command Shift V is not working in Google Docs on your Mac, try the solution below to fix it.

1. Go to the Apple menu > System Settings > Keyboard.

2. Choose Keyboard Shortcuts.

3. Click on App Shortcuts.

4. Click the add button (+).

5. When the pop-up window appears, press Command Shift V. Then, you’ll see the shortcut displayed in the keyboard shortcuts field.

6. In the menu title field, enter a name for the shortcut, for example: paste text only.

7. In the Application field, choose Google Docs. If you want Command Shift V workable on all applications, remain “All Applications.”

8. Click Done.

If you can’t add Command Shift V in the App Shortcuts, use Command - Shift - Option - V instead. Both have the same function.

Of course, Ctrl + V is not working on your Mac. The equivalent is Command + V. Command + V is used to paste text in the original format. To paste text and match the style on a Mac, use Command + Shift + Option + V.