Do I Really Need Opencore Legacy Patcher on Mac?

My Mac runs macOS Sonoma and I get a message saying that there are updates to Opencore Legacy Patcher. What can it do? How to Remove it on Mac?

Hello, OpenCore Legacy Patcher (OCLP) is a tool used to install and run macOS on older Mac computers that are no longer officially supported by Apple. These older Macs often have hardware limitations or incompatibilities that prevent them from running newer versions of macOS. OCLP allows users to bypass these restrictions by modifying the macOS installer and providing necessary patches for unsupported hardware.

If your Mac is already compatible with the latest macOS or you have no interest in running an unsupported version, you likely do not need OpenCore Legacy Patcher~

I hold that if your Mac runs macOS Sonoma, you’d better uninstall it.
For uninstalling, you can:

1. Restart your Mac and hold the Option key to bring up the boot menu.
  2. Boot into your macOS drive.
  3. Open Terminal from the Utilities folder in Applications.
  4. Type sudo diskutil mount disk0s1.
    (Replace disk0s1 with the identifier for your EFI partition if it’s different.)
  5. Navigate to the mounted EFI folder and delete the OpenCore files. Typically, you would delete the EFI folder that contains the OpenCore configuration.

Hope you can remove it.

If you installed the OpenCore Legacy Patcher application, simply drag it to the Trash and empty the Trash.
But this way can’t delete the related files in Mac Library completely.
For the total removal, iBoysoft MagicMenu can help you. Download it and right-click the app then choose Uninstall.
The app and the related data will be removed together.