The easiest and most effective way to recover your MP4 files from the corrupted Sandisk SD card is to use a reliable data recovery tool like iBoysoft Data Recovery. But before doing this, you can try to fix your corrupted card and see if it's repairable first.
You mentioned that you directly take out both the battery and the SD card from your camera. A sudden power outage in the middle of a working device may get your SD card corrupted. Because when you were doing that, maybe the camera is still transferring data (the event you shot yesterday) to your SD card.
Do you have a Windows PC nearby? If you do, you can try to fix your corrupted SD card by repairing its faulty file system using Windows' built-in error-checking program, here's how to do it:
- Connect your corrupted SD card to your PC.
- Press the Windows + E keys to open Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the SD card and open its Properties.
- Select the Tools tab, then click on the Check button.
Or, if you are not using a Windows PC but a Mac computer instead, you can do the same thing with First Aid on macOS. Similar to the error-checking tool on Windows, First Aid is able to check and fix some minor errors on a disk. Follow the steps below to repair a corrupted SD card on macOS using First Aid:
- Make sure your fault card is connected to your Mac.
- Go to Launchpad > Other, and open Disk Utility there.
- Select your corrupted SD card from the left panel in the Disk Utility window, then click on First Aid at the top toolbar.
If the SD card can't be fixed, you can recover your MP4 files from it using the best SD card recovery software - iBoysoft Data Recovery for Windows, then reformat the card to fix it.
Here's how to recover MP4 files from a corrupted SD card with iBoysoft Data Recovery for Windows:
- Download, install, and launch iBoysoft Data Recovery for Windows.
- Connect the corrupted SD card to your PC.
- In the main interface of this data recovery software, select Data Recovery. Then choose your faulty card and click Next.
- Once the scan is completed, click Preview to preview the files you want to recover.
- Check the box before the wanted files and click Recover to save them to another location. Do not save them back to the corrupted SD card!
Also, iBoysoft provides data recovery services for Mac users. You can use iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac to restore your MP4 files on your Mac computer.
Follow the below steps to recover files from a corrupted SD card on Mac:
- Click the button above to download this software, and install it on your Mac.
- Connect the corrupted SD card to your Mac, and open iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- Select your faulty card, and click Search for Lost Data.
- Once the scan finishes, select the files you want to recover, and click Preview to check if it is corrupted.
- Tick the checkbox before the wanted files, then click on the Recover button. Choose a different location than the corrupted SD card to save your recovered files.