Written byAnna Yuan
CleanMyMac vs. MacKeeper: Which One is Better to Clean Your Mac
CleanMyMac X and MacKeeper are often regarded as similar apps in the market. This is the reason why many Mac users will search 'CleanMyMac vs. MacKeeper' on the web. But there's a world of difference between the two. In this post, we'll explain the similarities and differences between the two Mac cleaners. Just read on.
Table of Contents:
- 1. CleanMyMac Overview
- 2. MacKeeper Overview
- 3. CleanMyMac vs. MacKeeper: Similarities
- 4. CleanMyMac vs. MacKeeper: Differences
- 5. CleanMyMac vs. MacKeeper: Other alternatives
CleanMyMac X is a multipurpose pack of tools for almost any Mac situation. It can free up Macintosh HD space, detect hidden apps, and remove tons of unseen clutter. The application can be downloaded in Apple's APP Store and has been found malware-free. If you're wondering 'Is CleanMyMac X worth it?' you can check its pros and cons.
- Easy to use
- User-friendly interface
- Quick one-tap clean
- Offers useful utilities to protect and speed up your Mac
- Offers free download for trial
- Offers a one-time payment
- Paid software
- Offers only E-mail support
Like, CleanMyMac, MacKeeper is another Mac optimization software. In addition, it can scan and remove malware, spyware, adware, and ransomware on your Mac and provide protection against online threats and viruses. The pros and cons of MacKeeper are as follows:
- Deep cleaning of system junk and fragment files
- offers a remote desktop cleanup option
- has built-in antivirus tool
- Offers VPN Private Connect
- Offers chat support
- A costly software
CleanMyMac vs. MacKeeper: Similarities
As you can see, both CleanMyMac and MacKeeper can clean up your Mac in order to free up space on your Macintosh HD. They can clean up system junk, photo junk, Mail attachments, iTunes junk, and Trash bin. Also, they can optimize your Mac performance by removing large files or duplicate files and uninstalling apps on Mac that have not been used for a long time.
Both the CleanMyMac and MacKeeper have simple interfaces. So it's not hard to use them. Besides, both apps can protect your Mac from malware or spyware.
CleanMyMac vs. MacKeeper: Differences
Should I use MacKeeper to clean my Mac or should I use the CleanMyMac app? You must feel hard to make a decision. Don't worry, we'll explain the differences between the CleanMyMac and MacKeeper in the following part to help you make your final decision.
CleanMyMac vs. MacKeeper: Customer support
The MacKeeper has better customer support as compared to CleanMyMac. MacKeeper allows you to always chat with an Apple-certified support technician. They also have a phone number that you can call. With CleanMyMac, you can only get E-mail support.
MacKeeper vs. CleanMyMac: Privacy protection
CleanMyMac does not offer privacy protection, while MacKeeper proudly does. MacKeeper provides VPN Private Connect as you avail of their services.
MacKeeper vs. CleanMyMac X: Price
In terms of cost, CleanMyMac is a more affordable option. You can get an annual license for one Mac at $ 34.95. You can free download it on its official website or in Apple's App Store. The price of the MacKeeper 12-month plan for one Mac goes for $95.40. See the huge price gap?
CleanMyMac vs. MacKeeper: Other alternatives
When comparing CleanMyMac X and MacKeeper, you can also consider other similar products. Actually, there're many alternatives for CleanMyMac or MacKeeper in the market, here we list some:
- CCleaner: This all-in-one solution will help you to remove tons of useless files, such as caches, unneeded extensions, deleted apps' support files, duplicate files, and junk system files.
- iBoysoft DiskGeeker: iBoysoft DiskGeeker is a macOS optimizer used to remove useless clutters, cookies, and unneeded files from your hard drive. Besides, its USB Defender function can prevent viruses and malware carried on unauthenticated USB drives from attacking your Mac.
- AVG TuneUp for Mac: AVG TuneUp for Mac can find and delete similar, poor-quality, or corrupted photos. It also supports locating duplicate data and removing it with one click.
Which is better? MacKeeper vs. CleanMyMac
MacKeeper vs. CleanMyMac, which is better? Do you have the answer now? From our perspective, if you want a cost-effective solution to clean up your Mac, CleanMyMac should be a good choice. If you have enough budget and are very concerned about your Mac's security and your personal privacy on Mac, choose MacKeeper. If you're not satisfied with both, you still get other alternatives.