Top 4 commercial NTFS for Mac apps
As is well known, macOS provides a limited support for Windows NTFS formatted drive including external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card and SD card. By default, macOS can only read NTFS drive but can't write to NTFS drive. That is to say, we can only view files stored on the NTFS drive on Mac, but can't delete a picture, edit a document or copy files from the NTFS drive to Mac computer. How to enable NTFS drive write support?
The only thing we need is a professional NTFS for Mac software, which is able to write to NTFS drive on Mac. The commercial NTFS for Mac apps are guaranteed, multifunctional, stable, virus-free and regularly updated. But among these commercial NTFS for Mac apps, which is the best one? This passage will show us cons and pros of top commercial NTFS for Mac apps.
1. iBoysoft Drive Manager
iBoysoft Drive Manager is the best commercial NTFS for Mac software. It not only allows us to write to NTFS drive as local drive on Mac, but also enables us to mount FAT32 drive and exFAT drive. With this powerful software, we can also manage external drive and network drive with ease. It works well in macOS 10.15/10.14/10.13/10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8.
1. Mount NTFS drive, FAT32 drive and exFAT drive.
2. Allow us to mount/unmount external drive with ease, including external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, CF card, pen drive, etc.
3. Manage network drive fast and intuitively from the menu bar. With iBoysoft Drive Manager, we are able to allocate network drive a new drive letter.
2. NTFS Assistant
As the cheapest NTFS for Mac utility in App Store, NTFS Assistant gives us full read-write compatibility to NTFS drive on our Mac. Once we install this NTFS for Mac app, we are able to read and write to NTFS drive, delete, rename folders and files on NTFS drive on Mac. It is fully compatible with macOS 10.14/10.13/10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
1. Very cheap.
1. Only available in Mac App Store.
2. A plug-in: NTFS Assistant Helper needs to be installed before reading/writing NTFS drive.
3. Paragon NTFS for Mac 15
Paragon NTFS for Mac 15 is a stable, full-featured, read-write NTFS driver for Mac to allow easy read, write, edit, transfer and format access to NTFS drive in macOS 10.14/10.13/10.12 and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
1. Decent write speeds.
2. Easy-to-understand user interface.
Have to buy a new version after upgrading macOS and it costs too much.
4. Tuxera NTFS for Mac 2016
Tuxera NTFS for Mac is a fast and handy NTFS for Mac to mount NTFS drive in read-write mode as easily as Mac disk. With a simple user interface, Tuxera NTFS for Mac allows users to easily read from, write on and manage NTFS hard drives and USB drives.
1. Fast with NTFS transfers.
2. Optional menu bar app with mount/unmount controls.
3. Protect our data with smart caching layer while transferring files.
1. Expensive, costs US$31.
2. Have slow speed as we transfer large files.
Still have questions?