It's known to all that macOS has limited support for NTFS drive - that is, you can only read from NTFS but not write or delete anything, which causes the inconvenience of people who use drive between Windows and Mac. Fortunately, plenty of NTFS for Mac apps that can help you read and write to NTFS drive exist in the market. While so many to choose from, which is the best? This article will show you top 5 NTFS Apps for macOS Mojave/High Sierra 10.13. Try these and you will not be disappointed.
1. NTFS Assistant
NTFS Assistant is the cheapest NTFS for Mac utility in App Store. With NTFS Assistant, getting access to NTFS drive on Mac is a piece of cake. You are able to view, delete files, transfer files from Mac to NTFS drive and rename folders and files. NTFS Assistant is compatible with macOS Mojave 10.14/10.13 (High Sierra)/10.12 (Sierra)/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
1. Only available in App Store.
2. A plug-in needs to be installed. Before writing to NTFS drive on Mac, you have to download and install NTFS Assistant Helper from iBoysoft official site.
2. iBoysoft Drive Manager
iBoysoft Drive Manager is a professional NTFS mounter that allows you write to NTFS drive on macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/Sierra 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7. iBoysoft Drive Manager can not only mount NTFS drives, but also mount FAT32 and exFAT drives.
Besides the function that allows you to access NTFS drive on Mac, iBoysoft Drive Manager also enables you manage external hard drive and network drive with ease, including external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, CF card, pen drive, etc. You can manage your Mac volumes fast and intuitively from the menu bar. With only one click, you can mount, unmount, or eject all volumes.
1. Write to NTFS, FAT32, exFAT drives.
2. Manage external drive and network drive.
3. Paragon NTFS for Mac 15
Paragon NTFS for Mac 15 is one of the most famous NTFS for Mac applications. With it, we are able to mount, unmount, verify, format and set any of your Windows NTFS volumes as a startup drive. However, its lifetime license sales at a high price and you have to pay every new version since it upgrades.
1. Simple interface.
2. Fast speed.
1. Expensive lifetime license.
2. Have to buy a new version after upgrading macOS.
4. Tuxera NTFS for Mac 2016
Tuxera NTFS for Mac is a seamless and handy NTFS driver for Mac to give full read and write capabilities on NTFS drives. But the stability needs to be improved and it occupies too much memory.
1. Slow speed while transferring bulky files.
2. Odd bugs needs to be fixed. Based on the feedback of its users, "Tuxera NTFS not mounting" error happens frequently.
5. Mounty for NTFS
Mounty for NTFS is a tiny tool for Mac to mount NTFS volumes in read-write mode. With a simple user interface, Mounty NTFS allows users to easily read from, write on and manage NTFS hard drives and USB drives.
1. Slow write speed. From the feedback of many users, Mounty for NTFS can only write to NTFS drive with slow speed. Sometimes, it even can't mount NTFS drives.
2. Causing data loss problem. Some users complained that when they are using Mounty for NTFS, suddenly they lost all their files, and some files may be grayed out and can't be modified anymore.
Still have questions?