Paragon NTFS for Mac vs NTFS-3G
Apple has never gives a clear explanation that why they don't enable NTFS write support by default on macOS. Fortunately, there are NTFS driver for macOS that can help us write to NTFS drive on Mac. Paragon NTFS for Mac and NTFS-3G are two common NTFS driver among Mac users. This passage will compare Paragon NTFS for Mac with NTFS-3G with the purpose of finding a better NTFS for macOS software.
Paragon NTFS for Mac vs NTFS-3G
Here is comparison between Paragon NTFS for Mac and NTFS-3G from 3 aspects:
1. Compatibility: Paragon NTFS for Mac supports macOS 10.15/10.14/10.13/10.12 and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7. NTFS-3G supports macOS 10.12/10.11 and previous macOS, but can't support the newest macOS Catalina 10.15.
2. Software stability: NTFS-3G is an open-source software and is quite weak in performance. Paragon NTFS for Mac is more fast when transferring files and is more stable than NTFS-3G.
3. Usability: Paragon NTFS for Mac has a simple UI and is quite easy to use. NTFS-3G need us to operate it with command line and is not very suitable for common users.
Although NTFS-3G is a freeware, it is not recommended, especially when we are using macOS High Sierra 10.13. If we want to choose one between Paragon NTFS for Mac and NTFS-3G, Paragon NTFS for Mac is the one that we should choose. But Paragon NTFS for Mac is not flawless.
Here are two disadvantages of Paragon NTFS for Mac:
1. Paid major upgrades: Minor upgrades are free, like upgrade from version 13.1 to version 13.2. But for major upgrades, like upgrade from version 13 to version 14, NTFS for Mac need us to pay for the new version.
2. Unusual NTFS driver enable/disable feature: When using Paragon NTFS for Mac to mount NTFS drive, the drive can't be accessed by other similar software. That brings munch inconvenience when we need to use the NTFS drive with other software.
Paragon NTFS for Mac alternative
To avoid the defects of Paragon NTFS for Mac, here are two top best Paragon NTFS for Mac alternatives: NTFS Assistant and iBoysoft Drive Manager. Both of them support macOS Catalina 10.15/Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13 and offer free upgrades.
1. NTFS Assistant - the most cost-efficient NTFS for Mac software
NTFS Assistant is a professional Mac tool that specially designed to enable NTFS write support on Mac. It only sales at a very low price and can mount NTFS drive with fast speed. It deserves to be regarded as the most cost-efficient NTFS for Mac software.
Tutorial to download and use NTFS Assistant:
Step 1: Download and install NTFS Assistant from App Store >>.
Step 2: Download and install NTFS Assistant Helper >>.
Step 3: Launch NTFS Assistant and connect NTFS drive to Mac.
2. iBoysoft Drive Manager - handy tool to manage external drives & network drives
iBoysoft Drive Manager is a professional Mac tool that can enable NTFS write access on Mac. With it, we can easily create, modify and delete files on NTFS drive. It also supports to mount, unmount, read and write to FAT32 drives, exFAT drives, NTFS drives, etc. on macOS 10.15/10.14/10.13/10.12 and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8.
iBoysoft Drive Manager is also a handy tool to manage external drives and network drives. It offers a menu bar from which we can easily mount, unmount and remount network drives and external drives, including network drive, external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, CF card and pen drive.
Instruction to mount NTFS drive on Mac with iBoysoft Drive Manager
Step 1: Download and install iBoysoft Drive Manager on Mac.
Step 2: Launch iBoysoft Drive Manager and connect NTFS drive to Mac.
Step 3: Write to NTFS drive after getting notification that the NTFS drive has been mounted successfully.
For comparison between Paragon NTFS for Mac and Tuxera NTFS for Mac, please refer to Paragon NTFS for Mac vs Tuxera NTFS for Mac.
Still have questions?