NTFS-3G for Mac alternative
NTFS-3G, as free NTFS for Mac software, is so complicated to use. That's the reason you are at this page to find a better NTFS-3G for Mac alternative. For your convenience, we've listed the top 4 best NTFS-3G for Mac alternatives in this article to see if you can find effective solution to read and write to NTFS drive on Mac. Hope it works for you!
Free alternatives to NTFS-3G for Mac
1. Mounty for NTFS
Mounty for NTFS is a free and simple utility to re-mount NTFS drive under Mac OS X in read-write mode. It is very light and simple-designed that no additional driver needs to be installed. Using the application is extremely easy. Once it's installed and running, it will detect for any newly mounted NTFS volumes. Once it does, it would prompt you if you would like to re-mount it with write support enabled.Pros:
- Free license.
- Easy to use.
- Low compatibility: Don't support Yosemite and El Capitan and all NTFS versions.
- Data loss problem: Based on the feedback of its users, when using Mounty for NTFS, you have to format disk and face all files disappear suddenly.
2. NTFS Mounter
NTFS Mounter is a free NTFS driver designed to mount NTFS drive with both read and write support. NTFS Mounter provides a straightforward user interface to the mount command for NTFS volumes. Just one click on the icon to display a menu with NTFS volumes name and select the volume you want to write on.Pros:
- Simple interface.
- This app does not work with bootcamp volume.
- Only recommend for Snow Leopard user. Don't work with Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan.
Paid alternatives to NTFS-3G for Mac
3. NTFS Assistant
NTFS Assistant is a handy Mac tool to enable NTFS read and write support on macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/Sierra 10.12 and Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11/Yosemite 10.10/Mavericks 10.9/Mountain Lion 10.8/Lion 10.7. NTFS Assistant not only has lower price than similar software but also works fast when transferring files.Pros:
- Fast speed.
- A plug-in needs to be installed. NTFS Assistant Helper needs to be installed before reading and writing to NTFS drive.
- Only available in Mac App Store.
4. iBoysoft Drive Manager
iBoysoft Drive Manager is one of the best commercial NTFS for Mac out of question. It not only allows you to write to NTFS drives as local drives on Mac, but also enables you to mount FAT32 drives and exFAT drives. With this all-in-one software, we can also manage external drive and network drive with ease. It works well in macOS Catalina 10.15/Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/Sierra 10.12 and Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11/Yosemite 10.10/Mavericks 10.9/Mountain Lion 10.8.
- Not only mount NTFS drive, but also mount FAT32 drive and exFAT drive.
- Allow you to mount/unmount external drive and network drive with ease. (Including external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, memory card, CF card, pen drive, etc.)
Still have questions?