Top 3 free data recovery software for macOS in 2019
Although the Mac computer is one of the most robust computing devices in the world, there will be times when you may lose you data on Mac due to accidental or unintentional deletion, reformatting, virus attack, corrupted file system, etc. In this situation, the only solution will be to attempt a file restoration using free data recovery software for macOS.
When you search the term “free data recovery for macOS” on Google, there are about two million results rendered. If you are wondering which one is the best, this article is written for you. We are going to review the top 3 free file recovery software for macOS to help you get your deleted/lost data back.
Top 3 free Mac recovery software in 2019
1. iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery
iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery deserves the best free data recovery software for macOS. It is a full-featured and comprehensive data recovery tool designed to recover deleted files even emptied from Mac Trash, recover data from formatted, unmountable, unreadable, inaccessible drives on macOS Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7. It can recognize over 550 different file types from internal hard drives, external hard drives, USB flash drives, SD cards, memory cards, etc. iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery
More importantly, iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery is one of few APFS data recovery tools covering different data loss scenarios like encrypted, formatted, corrupted, partition loss, etc. Furthermore, this powerful software performs perfectly in bootable data recovery without running OS. It offers advanced methods which increases your ability to proactively protect your precious data.
- > Uniquely support recovering deleted/lost data from all possible APFS data loss scenarios, including encrypted APFS drives and APFS partitions loss.
- > Recover files lost due to macOS crash, hard drive crash or other unbootable problems on Mac computers.
- > Preview all file types that your Mac computer supports, including videos, music files, etc.
- > Easy to use.
- > The free edition only allows you to recover data up to 1 GB. Fortunately, you have a legal way to free get iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery serial number, license key, activation code.
2. TestDisk for Mac
TestDisk for Mac is a free and open-source data recovery software. It is originally designed to help recover damaged/lost partitions and make non-booting disks bootable again. You can use this tool to undelete files or rebuild boot sectors from a variety of external devices. However, the command line UI may be more suitable for expert users.
- > No cost associated with using this freeware product.
- > Free customer support is available from the TestDisk team.
- > Command-line UI.
- > It’s not compatible with macOS Mojave 10.14.
3. Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery
Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery is a completely free data recovery tool that enables you to recover deleted macOS files from any media like internal hard disks, external hard disks, USB flash drives, iPods Classic, etc. It is designed for the macOS environment and can be used to recover data or files from HFS/HFS+, FAT, FAT32, NTFS, exFAT as well as other file systems. You can use this program to recover files that were accidentally deleted, restore lost files from formatted partitions, etc.
- > No cost recovery of unlimited data.
- > Simple user interface.
- > Don’t support the most current version of macOS.
- > APFS data recovery is not available.
The bottom line:
There are some of the free data recovery software for macOS you can consider. We strongly recommend going with iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery, as it backed up by intuitive user interface and powerful functions.
Still have questions?