Fix 'SSD is not readable by this computer' on Mac and recover lost files
To open files on a SSD, we need to insert it to a Windows computer or Mac. But sometimes when the file system of SSD has errors or the drive has been corrupted, SSD can't be recognized by our computer. One of the common error messages we will get when connecting SSD to Mac is "the disk you inserted is not readable by this computer". This page will offer an easy method to fix 'SSD is not readable by this computer' on Mac error, as well as recover data from unreadable SSD on Mac.
Reliable method to fix 'SSD is not readable by this computer' on Mac
To avoid unnecessary data loss, we should firstly perform data recovery from unreadable SSD, and then fix the unreadable SSD.
Step 1: Recover data from unreadable SSD on Mac with iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery
iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery is a free & professional Mac data recovery software that can recover data from unreadable SSD, recover deleted/lost files from SSD, recover data from formatted SSD, recover data from unmountable SSD, recover data from corrupted SSD, etc.
Aside from that, iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery can also recover data from unreadable hard drive, recover data from unreadable external hard drive, recover data from unreadable USB flash drive, recover data from unreadable SD card, etc. on macOS 10.14/10.13/10.12 and 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
Tutorial to recover data from unreadable SSD on Mac with iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery
1. Launch iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery.
2. Select the unreadable SSD and click "Next" to scan lost files on the drive.
3. Preview the scanning results, choose files we need, and click "Recover" to get them back.
4. Have a check to ensure we have got all lost files back.
Step 2: Fix unreadable SSD by reformatting
After successfully recovering lost files, we can fix unreadable SSD with Mac build-in Disk Utility by reformatting the drive.
1. Launch Disk Utility.
2. Select the unreadable SSD on the left part of the window.
3. Click "Erase" on the top of the Disk Utility window.
4. Complete related information (name, format, scheme), then click Erase.
Still have questions?