How to repair/fix APFS volume on Mac without data loss?
APFS is a proprietary file system developed by Apple Inc. After upgrading to macOS Catalina 10.15/Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13, our Macintosh HD will be automatically upgraded to APFS. Sometimes, we may also format our external drives (like external hard drive and USB flash drive) to be APFS.
Despite been regarded as robust, APFS volumes are still prone to errors. APFS volumes may suddenly become unmountable, unreadable or corrupted due to some unknown reasons. After that, our APFS volume can't be usable and file on it can't be accessed any more.
No need to worry any more. We are here to offer an easy method to repair/fix APFS volume as well as get lost files back.
Easy method to repair/fix APFS volume on Mac
For the sake of our data, we should recover lost data from APFS volume with APFS data recovery software at the first step and then fix the APFS volume.
Step 1: Recover lost data from APFS volume on Mac with APFS data recovery software
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is a APFS data recovery software that can recover deleted/lost data from APFS volume, recover lost data from formatted APFS drive, recover lost data from inaccessible APFS drive, recover lost data from unreadable APFS drive, recover lost data from corrupted APFS drive, recover deleted/lost APFS volume, etc.
Aside from APFS data recovery, iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac also has reliable performance on data recovery from exFAT drives, FAT32 drives, HFS drives, HFS+ drives, and on data recovery from formatted, unmountable, unreadable, corrupted Macintosh HD, external hard drive, USB flash drive, memory card, etc. on macOS Catalina 10.15/Mojave 10.14/High Sierra 10.13/10.12 Sierra and Mac OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
Follow the steps below to recover lost data from APFS volume:
1. Download and install iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac on Mac.
2. Launch iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
3. Select the APFS volume and click "Next" to scan all lost files.
4. Preview the scanning results, choose files we need, and click "Recover" to get them back.
5. Have a check to ensure all lost files have been successfully recovered.
Step 2: Fix APFS volume by formatting
After successfully recovering data from APFS volume, we can fix it by formatting.
1. Launch Disk Utility.
2. Click the icon of the APFS volume on the left part of the window.
3. Click the Erase on the top of the Disk Utility window.
4. Complete related information (name, format, scheme, etc.), and then click Erase button.
Still have questions?