How to Recover Lost Data after macOS Mojave 10.14 Update?
macOS 10.14 Mojave is available for all users. However, some users who have updated their Macs to macOS Mojave complained that their Macs wouldn't boot after macOS Mojave update, corrupted external hard drive after upgrading High Sierra to Mojave or even worse, data lost after macOS Mojave update. To help these Mac owners out, we're here to give you a trustworthy solution to recover lost data after macOS Mojave update.
Why data lost after upgrading to macOS Mojave?
That's because of the mostly reported problem after upgrading to macOS Mojave - crashing. It includes crashing at login, apps not compatible or crashing when apps running. If you didn't make backups of your data, this crashing problem will make the files stored on Macs inaccessible or lost on macOS Mojave.
How to recover lost data after macOS Mojave update?
The data lost due to macOS Mojave update is recoverable. You can easily get them back with reliable data recovery software, like iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery.
iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery is an easy to use data recovery program for macOS Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra and Mac OS X. It's able to recover lost data after mocOS Mojave update, recover data from inaccessible, unmountable, unreadable drives on macOS Mojave. What's more, iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery is the best free APFS drive data recovery software which recovers deleted/lost data from emptied Trash, recovers data from deleted/lost APFS partition, recovers data from formatted APFS partition and so on.
How to recover lost data after macOS Mojave update with iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery?
In OS X 10.11 and later, Apple introduced a system protection mechanism called System Integrity Protection (SIP) on your Macs. It prevents any attempts from modifying the files and folders on startup disk. Thus, to use iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery to recover data after macOS Mojave update, 3 steps are needed as below.
Step 1. Disable SIP.
1. Boot to Recovery OS by restarting Mac and pressing and holding down Command + R keys at startup.
2. Go to Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
3. Enter the command: csrutil disable and press Return.
Step 2. Recover data with iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery.
1.In order to avoid any further data loss, please download and install iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery to an external hard drive.
2. Double click iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery installation file, then double click iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery icon to directly run it (instead of dragging it to Applications folder).
3. After launching iBoysoft Mac Data Recovery, select the startup disk.
4. Click "Next" to start scanning lost data.
5. Preview the listed recoverable files, choose what you want tot get back and click "Recover".
Step 3. Enable SIP.
1. Boot to Recovery OS as above.
2. Launch Terminal from Utilities.
3. Enter the command: csrutil enable.
In this way, you can successfully recover lost data after macOS Mojave update.
Still have questions?