How to fix invalid node structure error? Using DiskWarrior?
I was using my external hard drive yesterday, and everything was fine. I plug it in today but it does not mount. In Disk Utility, it does see the drive and the single partition, which is not mounted. Trying to repair the drive with Disk Utility, I get the error message that there is an Invalid Node Structure and it cannot be repaired. Can I use DiskWarrior to fix this error? Or is there any other tool can help?
'Invalid node structure' error usually indicates that the directory structure of a storage device has been corrupted. This is quite tough an error and no user want to experience. No matter what, when encountering invalid node structure error, the first and most important thing we should do is to find method to fix it.
Some users may want to use DiskWarrior to fix invalid node structure error. But actually, DiskWarrior is not recommended at all.
Why we shouldn't use DiskWarrior to fix invalid node structure error
Here are several shortcomings of DiskWarrior:
1. Sometimes, it can't fix invalid node structure error: Although DiskWarrior claims to be an advanced repair & data recovery tool, there are times that it fails to fix invalid node structure error or recover lost data from drives.
2. DiskWarrior doesn't support APFS data recovery: On macOS High Sierra 10.13, the default file system is APFS. If our drive has been formatted to be APFS, it is impossible to recover lost data from our APFS drive.
3. Relatively high price: It charges US$119.95 and that is relatively higher that other similar software.
4. Paid upgrade: It should be noted that DiskWarrior doesn't offer free upgrade and we have to pay US$59.95 for every upgrade. As we usually use this software for a long time, the upgrade costs should also be taken into consideration.
Due to the reasons above, we should avoid using DiskWarrior to fix invalid node structure error. Here is a reliable method to help fix this error.
A reliable method to fix invalid node structure error
To avoid data loss, we can firstly perform data recovery from invalid node structure drive with iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac. It not only is a free Mac data recovery software, but also supports APFS data recovery. And then after data recovery, we can fix the invalid node structure drive by reformatting.
Step 1: Recover lost data from invalid node structure drive with iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is a free & professional Mac data recovery software that can recover lost data from invalid node structure drive, recover deleted files even emptied from Mac Trash, recover lost data from formatted drive, recover lost data from unmountable drive, recover lost data from unreadable drive, recover lost data from corrupted drive, recover deleted/lost partition, etc. on macOS 10.15/10.14/10.13/10.12 and 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7.
Tutorial to recover lost data from invalid node structure drive with iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac
1. Launch iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac.
2. Select the invalid node structure drive, then click "Next" to start scanning for lost files.
3. Preview files in listed scanning results, select files we need, and click "Recover" to get them back.
4. Go through the recovered files to ensure we have got all lost files back.
Step 2: Fix invalid node structure error by reformatting
1. Launch Disk Utility from Utilities.
2. Select the invalid node structure drive.
3. Choose Erase, complete name, format, scheme, and then click Erase to reformat it.
Still have questions?