How to solve Windows 10 upgrade corrupted NTFS partition into RAW?
Windows on my workstation has been updated recently to a new build... In result of what I lost access to my 2nd partition. In Windows Disk Manager it shows RAW in file system column of broken volume. When I try to browse to the drive on file explorer it suggested that I should format this partition. Is there any way to convert RAW to NTFS Windows 10?
The upgrade to Windows 10 sometimes may cause a destruction of the disk, so it's very common that one of Windows 10 partitions turns into RAW. Have you ever encountered such kind of problem? What is RAW partition? How to solve Windows 10 upgrade corrupted NTFS partition into RAW? Keep reading and you will get the right answer.
How to fix Windows 10 upgrade corrupted NTFS partition into RAW?
No matter what causes Windows 10 upgrade corrupted NTFS partition into RAW, the most important thing is to restore important data from the RAW partition. Then you can convert RAW to NTFS by reformatting.
Step 1: Recover data from RAW partition in Windows 10
iBoysoft Data Recovery is free data recovery software for Windows 10 that can recover data from RAW partition, recover data from formatted drive, recover data from corrupted drive, recover data from unreadable drive, recover data from inaccessible drive on Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP and Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003.
It enable you to recover critical documents, photos, videos, music, etc. deleted/lost from NTFS, exFAT and FAT drives. Moreover, it support storage devices like Hard drive, external hard drive, USB drive, SD card, CF card, memory card, memory stick, etc.
1. Free download iBoysoft Data Recovery, install and launch it on Windows 10.
2. Choose RAW partition and click "Next".
3. Preview the scanning results, choose those you want, and click "Recover" button to recover data from RAW partition.
4. Have a check to ensure you have restored all needed data.
Step 2: Convert RAW to NTFS in Windows 10 by reformatting
1. Go to My Computer, This PC or Disk Management, and right click the RAW partition to select "Format".
2. Set format information such as file system, allocation unit size, volume label, format options (the default format option is Quick Format).
3. Click "Start", the format operation will be completed quickly.
Read more: What is RAW partition?
RAW partition refers to a partition which has no known Windows file system, neither FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 nor NTFS/NTFS5. As no file system exists on this partition, all original data on this drive becomes inaccessible and the drive can't be used to store new data.
In general, RAW partition is caused by operating system reinstallation, virus attack, bad sector, file system structural damage, accidental unplugging, etc.
Still have questions?